MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Making a module yourself
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Making a module yourself
boombipbass
Hi, I am going to make a module myself with a friend(he's more of a technician than I am.)

So far we got this hehe(see imagine)

I bought those SSI 2144 chips a while ago which are a replica of the vintage SSM2044.

My question for you guys is, what would you love to see in a filter like this?
Extra functions.

I'd like to know because I want to step away from a regular filter with
an:

input / volume
output
lowpass / hipass / notch
cutoff / cv in for cutoff / v/oct
resonance / cv in

I am curious about what the eurorack people would like to see.
Maybe I can make it become real smile

Thanks for your input
ixtern
One VCF can have controlled only limited number of parameters: filter type, frequency, resonance plus (obvious) level.

If you want to have more possibilities, take two filters. There is much more to do with them: all kind of interactions: serial, parallel connection, one modulating another, one tracking octaves while another controlled by envelope, etc.
Look at existing double filter modules.
ersatzplanet
ixtern wrote:
One VCF can have controlled only limited number of parameters: filter type, frequency, resonance plus (obvious) level.

If you want to have more possibilities, take two filters. There is much more to do with them: all kind of interactions: serial, parallel connection, one modulating another, one tracking octaves while another controlled by envelope, etc.
Look at existing double filter modules.

This is a great idea. My favorite filter is the WMD Micro Hadron Collider which is 2 multi-mode filters in one panel with a switch matrix to connect CV signals between them and to make them parallel or serial. There is also a separate mix channel out. The unit can be two completely independent filters or a shared filter. In the serial/parallel mode you can make variable width band passes or notches with separate resonance peaks on each end for instance.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1