MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Technics SY-1010 with CV/GATE MODS ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Technics SY-1010 with CV/GATE MODS ?
sebdvvv
Hello
Does any of you guys knows some mods for that synth ?
It sounds cool, especially the Lfo and Resonnace Filter that is quite unique.
Unfortunately it has no TRIG, GATE, CV or CLOCK at all ! d'oh!

I saw a matrixsynth page about the synth saying it has gate/cv mods but there is no infos anywhere.

I took some photos.

These 3 soldering points named KSG, E1 and CG are located on the keyboard part itself. These points go to a similar named points on the mainboard.

The CG point goes below i can't see where it connects.

On the main board, there is these two points VT (v-trig ??) and TF

Thanks Technics for making this machine so easy to open. It is the first time i see a synth can be serviced only by removing 4 screws and opening it like a flying case without detaching any cables or being afraid about the boards contact...
markjazzbassist
i also have one of these and would like to mod it to add Glide/Portamento. I wanted to see if anyone was able to successfully find the CV INput and Gate points.

Thoughts?
devinw1
That's a bit of a rare bird...and I've never seen a service manual or anything online. Rumor has it Technics destroyed all the documentation when they disbanded their electronic music instruments division as well. I can't verify if this is true or not. Methinks you're going to have to find someone who has one of these and is willing to probe around and reverse engineer a little bit.

Good luck!

And if anyone wants to sell me one, let me know grin.
sebdvvv
I have made some volt measures on KSG, E1 and CG points of keyboard.

It seems that VCO Pitch is controlled by KSG + E1 together, if i disconnect them, there is no pitch anymore on the VCO...

On the other side, point CG indicate a gate signal but it's working with negative voltage !
So you can't even put a generic gate signal into this synth, you have to mod it (probably inverse voltage), i'm not sure but GATE IN Mod seems doable...

We have indeed a quite obscure technology here...
markjazzbassist
yeah there are no manuals, i joined a technics forum run by an employee and they said they have nothing on it.

i found this youtube video of someone who modded it successfully.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8BFkOmj4_Q&t=101s

they stated in the comments

"cv/gate input is easy, you just need to scale cv with additional opamp to around 1.8V/Oct"
sebdvvv
thanks for the link !

i have asked the guy on yt, maybe someone else could help...

here is a large picture of boards description

http://sebastiendduran.free.fr/SY-1010/P1050196.jpg
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1