MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

multi FX with clockable delay?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author multi FX with clockable delay?
bemushroomed
Anyone know of a multi effect module with a pingable delay? Doesn't need a ton of effects, mainly just a reverb, but pitch would be nice too.

It's really too bad the Erica ones seems to lack this on all of their FX modules..

Not interested in Z-DSP, FXbox, Rainmaker (mostly because a bit too big and a little too costly, z-dsp doesnt have a card with clockable delay AND reverb at the same time, afaik).

Mineophon i might be interested in, the demos are a little vague.

There's Magneto (which sounded incredible to my ears), very big and costly but if there's nothing else i might just get that..
mritenburg
Echophon has a clockable delay.
diffrentstrolks
More of a multi-everything, but Disting mk4 has several clockable delays/echo modes; as well as bit crush and phaser. No verb though.

The mk1-3 'stings also have the basic clockable delay mode as well.
bemushroomed
Disting does have a reverb, but not at the same time as the delay. i could get another i guess but i'd prefer to do it in a single unit..

Yes Echophon, but it feels like its soooo old now.. i rather wait for Mineophon, bet the sound on that one is improved a ton..

I'm leaning towards the Magneto actually... even if its big and costly it sounds superb, i also like that it's a spring reverb and tape delay, it's much to my preference for both delays and reverbs..
autopoiesis
There's also Clouds or uClouds with Parasite firmware for a nice pitch-shifting delay that is clockable when you patch your clock into Trig (Position selects from the same divisions and multiplications that are on the Echophon), with the nice but overused and unmodifiable Clouds reverb added at the end if you like.
bemushroomed
autopoiesis wrote:
There's also Clouds or uClouds with Parasite firmware for a nice pitch-shifting delay that is clockable when you patch your clock into Trig (Position selects from the same divisions and multiplications that are on the Echophon), with the nice but overused and unmodifiable Clouds reverb added at the end if you like.

ah yes, good that you reminded me of clouds.. will consider it! thanks. I recently saw some new type called MonSoon or something similar, seemed to have a some more features than the original (though not as advanced as supercell).
Ras Thavas
Not seeing the EFFEXX RT-1701 from Radikal Technologies mentioned. Checks off all of your boxes and then some, with tap tempo Delays, Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Rotor cabinet emulation, Pitch Shifter and String Filter, plus Gain Stage with Overdrive, a post EQ/multimode filter section and a fully editable Reverb.

I'm not an owner of one at this point, but the demos I've heard sound good.
autopoiesis
bemushroomed wrote:
autopoiesis wrote:

ah yes, good that you reminded me of clouds.. will consider it! thanks. I recently saw some new type called MonSoon or something similar, seemed to have a some more features than the original (though not as advanced as supercell).

The monsoon build breaks out the different Blend modes into dedicated pots for wet/dry, panning, feedback, and reverb amount. Otherwise same same
shoottofill
is the Ednorphin one clockable? i know they are about to release the milky way which is just the fx in one module?
ckwjr
Ras Thavas wrote:
Not seeing the EFFEXX RT-1701 from Radikal Technologies mentioned. Checks off all of your boxes and then some, with tap tempo Delays, Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Rotor cabinet emulation, Pitch Shifter and String Filter, plus Gain Stage with Overdrive, a post EQ/multimode filter section and a fully editable Reverb.

It's fantastic, sounds great, is versatile, but is also large and expensive. Not quite as much of a real estate hog as Rainmaker, though its learning curve is almost as steep.
diffrentstrolks
bemushroomed wrote:
Disting does have a reverb, but not at the same time as the delay. i could get another i guess but i'd prefer to do it in a single unit..

Yes Echophon, but it feels like its soooo old now.. i rather wait for Mineophon, bet the sound on that one is improved a ton..

I'm leaning towards the Magneto actually... even if its big and costly it sounds superb, i also like that it's a spring reverb and tape delay, it's much to my preference for both delays and reverbs..

Of course, Disting has reverb! My bad. When is someone gonna ORAC the Disting so we can patch up multiple functions?

Apologies as it isn't clockable, but the Koma Field Kit FX has true spring reverb and a PT delay that can be used at the same time (in addition to looper/freq shift/sample reduction/etc).

There is probably a way to rhythmically "gate" the delay tail using the on-board 4-step sequencer/envelopes and VCAs, but not really ping-able in the sense you are looking for, I think.
bemushroomed
Ras Thavas wrote:

Wow, totally missed this one, will look into some demos smile Thanks.

shoottofill wrote:
is the Ednorphin one clockable? i know they are about to release the milky way which is just the fx in one module?

If Milky Way is clockable its one i might consider. It's small which is very good..
Mr. Roboto
Multi-FX is really difficult but what about a Chronoblob 2? You could add an excellent 2HP Reverb and put it into the send/return path. Small in size and not toooo expensive.
bemushroomed
Chronoblob 2 seems like a good delay yeah, i've looked into that one..

That RT-1701 MULTI-FX-MODULE looks fun as hell... It even totally killed my GAS for Magneto. It's the best one so far, it's probably what i'm gonna get, even if its a bit too big to be completely optimal.
analoglsd
The Dervish has clockable delays:
http://gbiswell.myzen.co.uk/Dervish_intro.html
ckwjr
bemushroomed wrote:

That RT-1701 MULTI-FX-MODULE looks fun as hell... It even totally killed my GAS for Magneto. It's the best one so far, it's probably what i'm gonna get, even if its a bit too big to be completely optimal.

It's really not expensive for the functionality. Not just a huge array of effects, but also various routing modes make it a ton of fun.
shoottofill
analoglsd wrote:
The Dervish has clockable delays:
http://gbiswell.myzen.co.uk/Dervish_intro.html

oh for some reason i'd thought that anything based off the Spin FV-1 was able to be synched to clock.
bemushroomed
ckwjr wrote:
bemushroomed wrote:

It's really not expensive for the functionality. Not just a huge array of effects, but also various routing modes make it a ton of fun.

yeah the morphing and saving of effects seems really cool. Yes it's not that expensive compared to e.g Magneto or even Z-DSP really..

shoottofill: well z-dsp eventually got a card for clocked delays, but it took quite a while for them to figure it out it seems.. not really a fan of zdsp i have to say..
Mr. Roboto
I also had some interest in the RT-1701 several weeks ago.
Now that I have the Delta CEP A and know about his complex UI (lot‘s of hidden stuff you can‘t remember for longer than three minutes) I checked the manual of the RT and realized that the UI concept is similiar, my GAS totally went away.
Do yurself a favour and try to check it out hands on upfront. Maybe it‘s the perfect match for you anyway.
bemushroomed
Mr. Roboto wrote:
I also had some interest in the RT-1701 several weeks ago.
Now that I have the Delta CEP A and know about his complex UI (lot‘s of hidden stuff you can‘t remember for longer than three minutes) I checked the manual of the RT and realized that the UI concept is similiar, my GAS totally went away.
Do yurself a favour and try to check it out hands on upfront. Maybe it‘s the perfect match for you anyway.

I read the manual briefly. It doesn't seem THAT bad when it comes to the editing.. But one thing i searched for is if it saves the last settings during a power cycle. To me it doesn't seem that way, the manual talks about it starting in a certain "mode". If so, that is instant anti-GAS for me.

It does say you can save snapshots and programs, but the manual does not say if they remain saved after powering down. With eurorack i take nothing for granted, i've been disappointed many times with digital modules.

Milky Way seems best otherwise i guess. I noticed it at least has a tap button, i can live with that.
Richard deHove
The new Erica stereo delay can be synced by sending a clock into the tap input. But manually tapping is just as easy. I often prefer tapping to sync just to get a little human variation.

The Magneto is a great choice if you want delay + reverb. I took it out of the rig for a while because it's so big. but it's back in again. The sound quality really is superb.
JakoGreyshire
Tap tempo multi FX.....

Probably defunct right now...Maybe.... I've never seen a demo of one.. I am fixing one for a friend of mine as soon as the manufacturer gives me a part value...

Probably not they way to go in this topic's case but... Just for fun... Check this out...

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/soundmachines-uf1-microfx
Blairio
I think the Q-Bit RT60's delay is clockable via the 'rate' input, though I have not tried it.
nectarios
+1 on a Parasites uClouds.
Tap delay with pitch shifting, band pass filter in the feedback path, density, reverb, freeze...and of course you get all the other stuff that come with Clouds.

I use a Parasites uClouds with my live case, mainly Looping Delay mode.
bemushroomed
Thanks for the suggestions.

I went with MoonSon with Parasite FW installed. Got it for a pretty decent price.
It might not have the audio quality of something like Magneto but its way smaller (and cheaper). I quite like the reverb on Clouds.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2