259e Remote Enable?

Discussing some incredible modules that don't quite fit into the other forum categories.

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

mousegarden
Super Deluxe Wiggler

259e Remote Enable?

Post by mousegarden » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:32 am

Iv'e just got a 259e, I'm wondering about the light on the Remote Enable, it's on all the time, when I press the button it goes out for a couple of seconds, then comes back on again. Im not using memories, and don't intend to in the future, but I'm just wondering if this light is supposed to be on all the time?
My God, also, aren't the lights bright on these Buchla modules! so bright I can't see the writing on the panel!

:eek:

tIB
Stainer!

Post by tIB » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:47 am

That's normal - think it shows that it has changed since the press (modulation will do that). Good news is a press will save current state.

Kent
Large Member

Post by Kent » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:01 pm

Default1
Common Wiggler

Post by Default1 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:59 pm

When I turn the light off, it stays off. When you say you are not using memories, do you have any preset manager installed? The point of the remote enable is to be able to switch memories without affecting the knob settings. So, I am guessing it is because you don't have the preset manager on board.
http://thesonnydownsquartet.bandcamp.com
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFJ8EW ... -wbwwAVY8Q
The Sonny Downs Quartet is now also on available on Spotify and Apple Music.

mousegarden
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by mousegarden » Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:26 am

Default1 wrote:When I turn the light off, it stays off. When you say you are not using memories, do you have any preset manager installed? The point of the remote enable is to be able to switch memories without affecting the knob settings. So, I am guessing it is because you don't have the preset manager on board.
Thanks, It's a small boat, there is no preset manager, I guess this is normal behaviour in that case, as tIB said.
But, in the Buchla users guid it says the light should only be on if connected to the "central library" I guess this is a preset manger, but I don't have one installed, so surely the light should be out?

Return to “Buchla, EMS & Serge”