MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

PPG 300 Modular Docs? 313 Sequencer and 312 SEQ SW
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author PPG 300 Modular Docs? 313 Sequencer and 312 SEQ SW
KSS
Anybody have or know where to find owner or service docs for the PPG 300 modular?

Would like to see any and all that may be available.

Looking to get a better understanding of the 314 Clocked Sequential Control and 313 Sequential Switch.

Specifically, the 6 position rotary switches on the bottom row have a few positions I'm not sure about. Looks like the top selection marked "last" is an end, and the next with an arrow is a shift forward. Then there is a -1 which seems to be a single stage reverse. Next is a dot? What is this for?

If you use the -1 how do you get past it when going forward again? Is the arrow position for this purpose? Since there's a normal position below.

The last two positions, Select Trig, and Normal seem to make sense. But if there are any unusual details about these it would be great to know.

Next is the 313 Sequential Switch. Can anyone explain its use and panel controls?

Thank you in advance. Here's a pic of the pair.
hippo1
Wow.
I look at this and all I can think is: Chris Franke, in 70/80s-era TD sequencer glory. Great find, hope you get it working!
steffengrondahl
KSS wrote:
Next is the 313 Sequential Switch. Can anyone explain its use and panel controls?

The Moon Modular 564 Sequential Switch is more or less a clone of the 313 I believe. You can find picture and description here: http://www.lunar-experience.com/sequencers.html

hippo1 wrote:
I look at this and all I can think is: Chris Franke, in 70/80s-era TD sequencer glory.

I say Klaus Schulze. He got a PPG modular with two sequencers on top of his Moon 3P. I do not believe Chris Franke/Tangerine Dream had any analogue PPG sequencers.
steffengrondahl
You can se the Klaus Schulzes PPG 300 series modular here: https://klaus-schulze.com/photos/7913.htm for instance. You can spot two 314 sequencers and two 313 sequential switches w00t

Perhaps reposting on the 5U forum. It's more likely to get a useful reply there.
KSS
steffengrondahl wrote:
The Moon Modular 564 Sequential Switch is more or less a clone of the 313 I believe. You can find picture and description here

Thank you. That does indeed look like the same thing. thumbs up

Hope somebody has the answer about the rotary switches on the 313 sequencer itself.
KyronMusic
Having had no experience with this PARTICULAR Sequencer... but plenty with many other brands, here is my humble guesstimate using step 5 as the example. Starting from most counter clockwise position...

“LAST” = Stop. ie: 1-2-3-4-5
“Arrow” = Skip ie: 1-2-3-4-6-7-8-1-2-3-4-6-7-8-1-2, etc
“Arrow 1” = Reset ie: 1-2-3-4-1-2-3-4-1-2, etc.
“DOT”. = Tie note ie: no new trigger on that step
“Select Trigger” = extra Trigger output to the left of all the individual
Trigger outputs. This could be a composite trigger output for when you want to trigger an envelope on say steps 1,5, and 7
“Normal”. = self explanatory.

I could be wrong, but that makes most sense to me. It does not look like a “minus” 1 to me. It looks like an arrow pointing to 1, hence my guess as “go to step 1” ... in other words “Reset”.

Cheers DBB
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1