MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

STUDIO MUSICIANS - Process and Techniques?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Author STUDIO MUSICIANS - Process and Techniques?
208EB
What do you use in your studio to incorporate modular into your music outside your rack?

In addition to rack and pedal effects I've been importing recorded eurorack performances into my MPC Touch and cut them up like any other track. With some great harmonic, fast delay, the hard cut at the end of each sample (as the next one is triggered) makes each hit really pop. Finding melodies I didn't know where hiding in there.

What other process are you experimenting with after your output from the rack? For that matter... going into your rack...
BenA718
208EB wrote:
What do you use in your studio to incorporate modular into your music outside your rack?

For me, the first and most important thing is keeping everything in sync. I use a BeatStep Pro to convert MIDI clock to sync and then use that to sync my modular with my DAW and MIDI setup.

Quote:
What other process are you experimenting with after your output from the rack? For that matter... going into your rack...

My current setup is designed so that my computer is being used as a multitrack recorder. My main sequencer/master clock is a Roland MC-500. That feeds MIDI to a JV-1080 and DR-550 drum machine. The MIDI is converted to sync through the BSP, and then into an XOR NerdSeq which sequences and provides clock to my modular setup. I typically play live synth or guitar along with the sequenced tracks as well. It's a labor-intensive process writing the music out in small chunks and then recording the sequence tracks and then playing it all back with live synths and guitar, but I love not having to use a computer!
joeTron
I bought the ALM/Busy Circuits S.B.G. It's an excellent bridge from Eurorack levels to line-in or guitar pedals. I use it to process line out stuff from my mixer back into Eurorack then back into the mixer. I use it with my old MXR stereo chorus and various distortion boxes. Highly recommend it!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Production Techniques  
Page 1 of 1