MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

aux in / singing in to the easel?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author aux in / singing in to the easel?
odditymedium
i havent seen all that many videos about the aux in of the easel. what are its capabilities? is the easel a general purpose audio processor? any tips appreciated

also, if i connected a mic to the aux in, could i sing into the easel and have it add a bit of reverb? kindof like how the cocoquantus can add a bit of delay to the xlr input, but they aren't strictly comparable imho
tarandfeathers
odditymedium wrote:
what are its capabilities?

The signal can replace the modulation oscillator as the signal that passes through LPG 2, it can be used to generate CV using the envelope follower, and it can be used to balanced modulate the modulation oscillator.

Quote:
is the easel a general purpose audio processor?

Not really, no.

Quote:
also, if i connected a mic to the aux in, could i sing into the easel and have it add a bit of reverb?

Yes, you can add reverb, with the input signal passing through the LPG. It's a line input though, and not very effective for microphone use (no real gain control, only a couple of switched settings), and if you are using a standard balanced microphone this setup will benefit from an external microphone amplifier.
YE'OLDE BOY
as you sing into the easel take the envelope out to control the gate or invert the envelope to control the gate.

Try using the mod oscillator to modulate the gate at all setting (LFO,audio rate, square wave, triangle wave, ramp wave).
Try this inverted also.
Control the Mod oscillator's pitch with the envelope out (from your voice) and then inverted.

To quote Todd Barton "TRY EVERYTHING"

I have had my easel for over three years and it's not blown up, BUT i'm still trying lol
Drillionaire
tarandfeathers wrote:
it can be used to balanced modulate the modulation oscillator.

It's the other way around. You can use the modulation oscillator to balanced modulate whatever is being run into the preamp.
Umcorps
Also, connecting one of the Tinijack outs to the Aux in at medium gain is brilliant for feedback patching.

It opens up a whole new world of tonal sculpting, especially when paired with spring reverb.
mestlick
Feedback is my favorite use for sure. Flipping around the routing switch is then super fun.
Patching in some filtered noise is nice. I've also run Serge osc/shape through and that sounds cool too, like a cross between the systems.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1