MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ES
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES
pd2018
Hi all,

Just started using my expert sleepers stuff after buying over a year ago due to a studio rebuild.

Using the ES-40 and ESX-8MD with the Silent Way ES-4 Controller, some synths are fine (on MIDI 1 and 2 outputs), but some are very weird. Every other note doesn't trigger on, say, my MIDI device connected to MIDI output 3 or 4.

So I have a Juno 6 on MIDI 1 and this is perfect.
Roland SE-02 on MIDI 2 which is almost perfect (stuck notes occasionally#
Drumstation on MIDI 3. Very weird... Works sometimes but depending on which notes are played on the Juno 6 it will stop. (Notes above a certain pitch)
An old Also SG-01v on MIDI 4. Only one in every four or five notes played will trigger.

As far as I can see everything is at unity gain on the signal path for SPDIF from my Fireface UCX to the ES-40.

Any ideas? A bit infuriating as have 3 projects to finish.
os
What DAW are you using? Can you post the project file, or a screenshot at least?
pd2018
Using Ableton Live. Latest version 10.1

What should I take a screenshot of ... The plugin?
os
The plug-ins and the track routings.
pd2018
Just looking around, I disabled MIDI/CV 1 (set it to OFF) and now much better! No hiccups so far...

However, this is concerning as I plan to use my ESX-8GT and ESX-8CV to drive some analog synths. So, presumably I need to enable this going forwards and this is going to cause all sorts of problems (in the SPDIF stream) as soon as I do?
os
The MIDI/CV section only applies to the ES-4 - not to the ES-40.
pd2018
os wrote:
The MIDI/CV section only applies to the ES-4 - not to the ES-40.

Thanks. So where do we control the CV and Gate for the ES-40 from?

For instance I want to control a Korg MS-10.
os
What do you have that will output CV & gate? Your post only mentions the ESX-8MD.
pd2018
Hi Is

If you see my earlier post:

"However, this is concerning as I plan to use my ESX-8GT and ESX-8CV to drive some analog synths. So, presumably I need to enable this going forwards and this is going to cause all sorts of problems (in the SPDIF stream) as soon as I do?"
os
Ah OK. You would use the SW Voice Controller.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1