MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Expert Sleepers on 4ms Pod40X
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Expert Sleepers on 4ms Pod40X
guigui
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to build a small Expert Sleepers interface with 4ms Pod40X, which is said to accept 2" (50.8mm) deep modules.

Expert Sleepers says ES-8 and ES-6, which I'm considering to add, are 50mm deep.

Have someone here tried to fit one of those on that small case?
debolish
I tried and couldn't make it work. Ended up going with a Doepfer Mini Case.
guigui
debolish wrote:

Really? Man, what a bummer.

I'll take a look ah the Doepfer's.

Thanks!
morgulbee
You might want to try the Moog 60hp case. I was watching loopop's Mimeophon video and saw he had it in a small case with an ES-8. I asked about it and he said it's a Moog 60hp, and the ES-8 "just barely" fits.

His video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyFAsMhODU4
guigui
morgulbee wrote:
You might want to try the Moog 60hp case. I was watching loopop's Mimeophon video and saw he had it in a small case with an ES-8. I asked about it and he said it's a Moog 60hp, and the ES-8 "just barely" fits.

His video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyFAsMhODU4

I have checked it before. But it's strange because Moog says it fits only 1.9" (48.26mm) modules.

Well, loopop was using, so...

Thanks!
hippasus
My beauty doepfer case wouldn't have enough power for the ES-8. Check the intellijel 4U. If the palettes are not deep enough look for the previous model. Few shops still have them.
os
debolish wrote:

I'm surprised. What was it that didn't fit exactly?

If things are tight you can always raise the module slightly by putting washers between the module front panel and the case.
lineidle
ES-8 fits in a Pod X. Have installed one for a customer at work it works fine. You can use washers underneath the case if you're concerned about the board fouling power cables but I've installed with and without washers and both worked.

** I've also tried out ES-3 and that works too smile

*** Word of caution on a Doepfer Mini-case would be to double check the power consumption!
debolish
os wrote:
debolish wrote:

I'm surprised. What was it that didn't fit exactly?

If things are tight you can always raise the module slightly by putting washers between the module front panel and the case.

Couldn't get the ribbon cables to fit under or around the modules. Didn't try adding washers.

PS - Correct on the Doepfer Mini Case power not being robust enough. sad banana
modularrydavid
Os, are there different depths among the different "marks" of the ES-3? I believe I have a Mk. 3, and on Modular Grid it says 53mm depth. The ES site specs (unless I've glossed over something) say "Module depth: 50mm." Which is correct? I figure you would know best.

I too am looking for a solution for ES-3 Mk3 and ES-5. Preferably something tiny. I hear conflicting reports on the Pods myself and I'm not sure who to believe or why it wouldn't just be "it works" or "it don't."

I am wondering if the this would work in a homebrew case?
http://www.frequencycentral.co.uk/?page_id=894
os
Quote:
I believe I have a Mk. 3, and on Modular Grid it says 53mm depth. The ES site specs (unless I've glossed over something) say "Module depth: 50mm." Which is correct?

Both. The 50mm depth is for the mk4.

I'm reliably informed by my distributor, who has many years of experience of all kinds of modules and cases, that they fit the Pod X.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1