MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

IFM Grassi standalone
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author IFM Grassi standalone
fluxmonkey
i'm not a euro guy, but i made an exception for Mssr. Mobenthy, and i have a small rack with one of each, but sadly no room for the Grassi. it occurred to me that, if it's closely related to Mr. Grassi paper circuit it might not need a bipolar PS, and might even run on 9v battery power, which turned out to be the case! et so voila - standalone chaos control

jimmie
thumbs up Mr. Grassi awesome thumbs up I only wish all jacks had been located on the bottom or top for playability in the case of spaghetti oops
tenshun
thats really cool! if you dont mind me asking. how did you wire the 9volt battery connector to the pcb?
fluxmonkey
tenshun wrote:
thats really cool! if you dont mind me asking. how did you wire the 9volt battery connector to the pcb?

originally i just spliced it on to the power ribbon cable it came with. after this picture was taken, i went back and unsoldered the ribbon entirely and soldered directly to the pads, allowed me to use shorter spacers and generally tighten things up
cowboyelectronics
jimmie wrote:
thumbs up Mr. Grassi awesome thumbs up I only wish all jacks had been located on the bottom or top for playability in the case of spaghetti oops

Have you tried tendrils right angle cables? I could see them being particularly helpful with Mr. Grassi
fluxmonkey
cowboyelectronics wrote:
jimmie wrote:

Have you tried tendrils right angle cables? I could see them being particularly helpful with Mr. Grassi

ooh, had not heard of those, hot tip: https://www.tendrilscables.com/shop/
SPIKE the Percussionist
fluxmonkey wrote:
cowboyelectronics wrote:
jimmie wrote:

ooh, had not heard of those, hot tip: https://www.tendrilscables.com/shop/

neat!
good to know someone else is making right angle patch cables since Erthenvar closed up shop.
williamjturkel
Another Mr Grassi tip: for some patches you don’t need cables. Try touching it while your other hand is on Mocante, for example.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1