MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FR-512 vs Arturia Microfreak
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author FR-512 vs Arturia Microfreak
voidshell
Comparison thoughts between these two? Primarily from a controller, arp, sequencer aspect

I’m aware neither can be clocked via CV and that the FR has a few analog clock issues.
search64
I have no knowledge of either, but the microfreak has a clock input... soooo why can't it be clocked using CV?
voidshell
search64 wrote:
I have no knowledge of either, but the microfreak has a clock input... soooo why can't it be clocked using CV?

Ah! I misread that on a review and somehow missed that when I looked at photos.

Thanks
sduck
For those like me who don't know, the FR-512 is this

Panason
Quote:
the microfreak has a clock input

This is Arturia, and a cheap box- having the clock input doesn't mean it will actually sync properly. I would totally make sure it does before buying.
Bignorthumbrian
voidshell I have the Microfreak and I use a Sync 24 ppqn signal from Beatstep Pro, Keystep or Pamela’s New Workout without any issues, different time divisions can be set, it also has clock out.

It also acts as a midi/cv converter and has a rather good sound engine(Plaits)
voidshell
Bignorthumbrian wrote:
voidshell I have the Microfreak and I use a Sync 24 ppqn signal from Beatstep Pro, Keystep or Pamela’s New Workout without any issues, different time divisions can be set, it also has clock out.

It also acts as a midi/cv converter and has a rather good sound engine(Plaits)

Ah! Thank you for your opinion! How do you like the touchplate?
Bignorthumbrian
voidshell it’s fun, very sensitive and expressive, I’d probably buy it if they released it as a 3 octave controller.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1