MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

A Journey, A mind fuck, then nothing
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author A Journey, A mind fuck, then nothing
Sounds From The Shed

A story, 3 Songs for the price of one smile
Fog Door
Part one is bloody fantastic, love it, I'm not one for dissecting/demystifying the music I listen to, but is that you playing guitar or is it some kind of sample?

Part two, v.cool & interesting beats/percussion, again is that you rocking out on something acoustic, the wandering pitch makes me wonder if it isn't someone blowing over water filled bottles but I could be pretty wide of the mark there lol

Part three by comparison is slightly more tropey from a dark synth point of view, apart from the flute? Bansuri? Sample?

All in all a very good listen thumbs up
Sounds From The Shed
Fog Door wrote:
Part one is bloody fantastic, love it, I'm not one for dissecting/demystifying the music I listen to, but is that you playing guitar or is it some kind of sample?

Part two, v.cool & interesting beats/percussion, again is that you rocking out on something acoustic, the wandering pitch makes me wonder if it isn't someone blowing over water filled bottles but I could be pretty wide of the mark there lol

Part three by comparison is slightly more tropey from a dark synth point of view, apart from the flute? Bansuri? Sample?

All in all a very good listen thumbs up

The Guitar in the first came from an NI Acoustics pack, though I messed about with the sound of it a bit, as my inner analogue snob is still coming to terms with using Maschine samples as it nearly feels like cheating. So I always tweak them, makes me feel better about using them hihi Made use of the Arturia V collection Sem in this one also, there is something homely about the sem, I feel familiar with it and like I can make it do what-ever I want.

Second song I used the Middle Eastern Sounds, again I did a bit of tweaking. The pitch thing was deliberate to give a more spacey, troubled weirdness to the sound. I have to admit I really liked the Middle East pack and enjoyed using it.

When I was in Egypt on holiday one time I remember being in a Taxi with the radio on and they combined high tempo dance music along with their traditional instruments and I thought it sounded really good. So I'm going to have a go at something up tempo using my analogue gear and fire in a few of those Middle East sounds

The last one I used Arturia Pigments for the main sound and one other VST for the weird noises, and screams etc, can't remember which as theirs a shit load of instruments to choose from.

Anyway the idea behind the 3 songs was to tell the story of many veterans, how they wake up in the hope that this day will be different, which was the first song that had an upbeat vibe.

Then the realisation that the hope is not there and they turn to drink or drugs, that being the second song with its wandering pitch and weirdness.

And then finally the darkness of the third where they contemplate death.

Excuse the wall of text lol I got carried away thumbs up
Fog Door
Quote:
Excuse the wall of text

No, great read, thanks for the detailed reply. I know what you mean about samples, I've never really used them (other than to sample my own tracks, ha) I know what you mean about it feeling a bit like cheating, but you have used them well creatively here, and that validates their use in my book. thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1