MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Disting mk4 K-1 wavetable VCO questions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author Disting mk4 K-1 wavetable VCO questions
juvation
I loves the detuned outs on the K-1 wavetable algorithm!

Question: what is the voltage range required to fully sweep the wavetable? With the initial Y offset at zero, I don't seem to be able to fully sweep it with -5v to +5v coming from (say) a Triatt.

Ideally Euro would standardise on a voltage range for this kind of thing. Pipedream I know...
os
The manual says

Quote:
The Y input controls the lookup point in the wavetable, with a range of ±5V covering the whole table.

so that should work.
juvation
os wrote:
The manual says

Quote:
The Y input controls the lookup point in the wavetable, with a range of ±5V covering the whole table.

so that should work.

Don't know how I missed that. Doh! Thanks.
juvation
After some fiddling I notice that +/- 4.995v is not enough to sweep the whole table, there are a few waves remaining at either end. Is there anything I can be doing wrong here?

I'm using PPG wavetables, 16 bit mono, 64 entries in the table, wavelength = 256. Files here ---

http://www.redfish.net/wavetables/

This isn't a huge deal, I basically would just like to determine whether my tables are being read properly.

(also does the Disting require a power cycle for SD card swaps? mine seems to)
os
Possibly your disting needs to be recalibrated.

You could always duplicate a few files at either end.

Quote:
does the Disting require a power cycle for SD card swaps?

No but you'll want to switch algorithms and back again.
juvation
A new Disting just came in and it's less sensitive than the other one, so that would indeed point to a calibration issue. I will give it a go.

This isn't a huge deal as as you say the wonderful thing about wavetables is that they are endlessly hackable.

Thanks for tip re switching algorithms.
juvation
Tried calibration wrt wavetable sweep range via the Y input.

On one Disting, I had to go to 2.6v on the reference voltage to get any behaviour change - any more than that and the full table wouldn't be swept with +/-5v on the Y input.

I went back to 3v reference voltage and calibrated two Distings with the same exact reference, got different sweep behaviour - one of them was a few waveforms "behind".

Anyway, not a huge deal, but I thought perchance I might get identical behaviour from two Distings given the same reference.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1