MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Found a great reverb!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Found a great reverb!
evs
i was searching for a nice reverb, for a small budget, and i found out the Lexicon Reflex is a unknown beauty. i got it on ebay for 30€.. which was pure luck. but also 100€ would not be too much.
it sounds super nice!

so this just as a small hint, when you search for a nice reverb unit, get one of these. lovely and a small secret so it seems!
Blingley
I don't exactly think Lexicon reverbs are unknown or secret. hihi
evs
Yes of course, but the reflex seems to be... somehow...
jonne74
I have a Vortex and I believe they were released around the same time.
MindMachine
I had the Reflex until the encoders went senile. Canyon and Resonator settings were all I used.

I also have the Vortex from the same series of budget effects.

They are actually very well known. But congrats that is a pretty good deal for a nice rack effect.

Guinness ftw!
BLX
it was my first "decent" reverb, and I agree its great and it still stands up in its own way. I particularly love the resonator setting and its midi controllable so you can bend it about a bit.

I still have it on an aux and it sits really well in mix compared to some of the more lush modern blue box type verbs.
calaveras
I think the Reflex is overlooked because it has such a corny name.
It's seen as one of those downmarket mistakes.
If it was two RU and had a number instead of a name people would dig it.
EPTC
Congrats - Lexicons are tremendous. You might want to open the Reflex up (should be easy enough) - Depending on the model, Lexicons have nickel cell batteries soldered to the board. It might use that for the 'learn' button — but maybe not (i have an mpx100 which is similar in design to the Reflex with very similar preset knobs, and there's no battery inside, but on my mpx1 there was one - until I got I removed the battery and put in a user replaceable holder for it)

Longstory short: If it has a battery on the board it's a bit of a time bomb, as it'll bleed onto the circuits if/when the battery fails. It's about $5 worth of parts to desolder the battery, replace with a battery holder instead to hold a regular cell battery. Bad design on Lexicon's part but an easy fix. If you get a tech to do it, should be just $50-75 or so.

Reflex's might not have batteries for memory but it's worth checking. I love Lexicon sounds. Enjoy!
evs
EPTC wrote:
Congrats - Lexicons are tremendous. You might want to open the Reflex up (should be easy enough) - Depending on the model, Lexicons have nickel cell batteries soldered to the board. It might use that for the 'learn' button — but maybe not (i have an mpx100 which is similar in design to the Reflex with very similar preset knobs, and there's no battery inside, but on my mpx1 there was one - until I got I removed the battery and put in a user replaceable holder for it)

Longstory short: If it has a battery on the board it's a bit of a time bomb, as it'll bleed onto the circuits if/when the battery fails. It's about $5 worth of parts to desolder the battery, replace with a battery holder instead to hold a regular cell battery. Bad design on Lexicon's part but an easy fix. If you get a tech to do it, should be just $50-75 or so.

Reflex's might not have batteries for memory but it's worth checking. I love Lexicon sounds. Enjoy!

thanks for that tip! i will have a look!
sutekina bipu-on
Probably a good call to check out the cheaper Lexicons, i always noticed over the years when i'd buy rack gear that the racks full of "better" gear would often a couple Alex / Vortex / Reflex in the rack. I never gave them much thought though. There are a lot of great values in rack gear if you are happy to set aside some space to set it up.
cybotron
Nice find! A lot of the older Alesis reverbs are pretty cheap too.
coolshirtdotjpg
cybotron wrote:
Nice find! A lot of the older Alesis reverbs are pretty cheap too.

Midiverb II's still sound great if you're ok with using set sounds.

My favorite cheap rack reverb is the SPX90. I think I paid 90 USD for mine. That ones not exactly a hidden gem, but it's a great reverb for the price.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1