MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla 291e feedback percussion
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchla 291e feedback percussion
Default1
Hope people don't mind me sharing another vid, got some positive feedback on the last one, and it is really inspiring when people write and comment, and makes all this sitting in my studio with the door closed seem worthwhile... ahhh

So, here is the 291e again, doing percussion. The sound source is the 291e itself, and variation is introduced by the modulation input, which can be changed rapidly using the stages to produce rapid changes in timbre.

Vid is here: https://youtu.be/xTixLXRhLSM

And here is another track using this technique: https://youtu.be/-y7F0xIjLho

And thanks to dougCL, who inspired this technique with his patch here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaQJCWuSaoM
Kent
This is good stuff! Love it and will horse around with these concepts this weekend.
seraphon
I enjoyed this. Normally not too keen on that bitcrushing sound, but the crunchiness was quite tasty here Rockin' Banana! Is the input on the 291e attenuated at all? Seems to distort in a bad way when I do these kinds of things (no 210e), but will give it a go again tonite! Thanks for sharing.
gaslampmusehog
Great job.
jimfowler
I really enjoyed the first portion of the video. Very dope sounds. If you make a record I'll buy it.
Default1
seraphon wrote:
I enjoyed this. Normally not too keen on that bitcrushing sound, but the crunchiness was quite tasty here Rockin' Banana! Is the input on the 291e attenuated at all? Seems to distort in a bad way when I do these kinds of things (no 210e), but will give it a go again tonite! Thanks for sharing.

Yes, the "all" output of the 291e needs to be attenuated. In this case, through the 210e. I actually found the output of the 291e is so hot using this setup that it will actually overload the 292e, and cause the 292e to distort.

So, output of 291e goes to 210e for attenuation, then gated through the 292e. The reason for the gate is that the 291e always leaks, even when amplitude is set to zero, so you end up with that digital bitcrushing sound leaking through when nothing is playing. You can actually hear it on the actual song I posted, where I used to for some background noise while varying the modulation in.

Also, you are right about the 291e, it clips quite easily. You have to adjust the parameters until you find a sweet spot where it doesn't clip.

Thanks for posting!
Default1
jimfowler wrote:
I really enjoyed the first portion of the video. Very dope sounds. If you make a record I'll buy it.

Thank you so much! Very much trying to get enough tracks together that I am happy with to release! Have about 18 that I have written and recorded since taking up writing music again two years ago. But, you know how it is... always the doubt about whether to make things public... Aim to have something out this year. hihi
Default1 wrote:
But, you know how it is... always the doubt about whether to make things public... hihi

I too have and know this doubt. Sometimes when I hear music that I have taped I can't believe I made that, still nervous... but seriously, I just checked out your youtube channel and doubt you need not have.

What little I heard on your Youtube account sounds stellar.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1