MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla patch question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchla patch question
seraphon
What is the most "economic" way to "open" an osc exponentially and at the end of the envelope, end in a "strike"-type lpg "bongo"? Does that really involve at the very least say the 259, 281, 292 and the 256? Thanks for any tips. hmmm.....
vgermuse
seraphon wrote:
What is the most "economic" way to "open" an osc exponentially and at the end of the envelope, end in a "strike"-type lpg "bongo"? Does that really involve at the very least say the 259, 281, 292 and the 256? Thanks for any tips. hmmm.....

Hmm...I’ll give it a whirl but I’m not sure I fully understand the question...
The phrase “open an osc” has me stumped. We could “open” or “engage and increase” the timbre or symmetry or high order of a 259...or we could
“open” a lo pass gate or vca.

I chose to increase the timbre on a 261e and open the 281e with velocity
(gray jack) and ping the 281e at the end of the cycle with the 281e in
quadrature mode. In reality the bong sounds great but not so much
on this, my cellphone recording—video/audio of patch here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kf2i06u35hzcq5s/SwellBongo.MOV?dl=0
seraphon
Thanks for the reply! Ah yes, I can see the wording was ambigious (or wrong!) sorry about that. I meant «open up the lpg with an exponential envelope», ending in a bang. Quadrature mode; Ah that Helps. Still need the route through the 256 I guess.
dougcl
The most economical way I can think of has the audio going to two channels of the 292e. Send 281e envelope to one and 281e pulse to the other. Monitor 292e mix output.
vgermuse
dougcl wrote:
The most economical way I can think of has the audio going to two channels of the 292e. Send 281e envelope to one and 281e pulse to the other. Monitor 292e mix output.

D’oh! Brilliant! w00t
Drillionaire
Another way to get expo/log envelopes out of a 281e is feeding back the 281e's envelope to the decay input. Using a 256e/257e you can attenuate/scale the feedback to switch between log/expo, and add breakpoints so that it will only scale parts of the envelope.
vgermuse
Drillionaire wrote:
Another way to get expo/log envelopes out of a 281e is feeding back the 281e's envelope to the decay input. Using a 256e/257e you can attenuate/scale the feedback to switch between log/expo, and add breakpoints so that it will only scale parts of the envelope.

thumbs up It's peanut butter jelly time!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1