MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Convert 1ms triggers to 4ms triggers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Convert 1ms triggers to 4ms triggers
oozitron
I need to make the 1ms triggers (from my MIDIBox sequencer) into 4ms triggers (for a 606 module).

From the MFOS site, it looks like a "pulse stretcher" can be made using CD40106 and a couple resistors/capacitors, but I don't have a scope or the electronics expertise to determine the values needed for the res/caps.

Can anyone suggest res/cap values for this circuit to make it turn 1ms into 4ms?

thanks loads!
Andrew
try a 22nF cap with the 100k. how long the pulse is will depend upon the pulse voltage, and vary a bit with the schmitt trigger (they have a wide tolerance on the threshold voltage), so its hard to say exactly. you could run the pulse into your soundcard to measure it.
oozitron
Good idea! No sound card but I have a sampler w00t

Cap doesn't need to be polarized does it?

thanks for the help!
Andrew
JanneI
I think I used 47nF & 100k.
cap doesnt need to be polarized.
oozitron
Thank you both SlayerBadger!

Andrew
EATyourGUITAR
there is another way to do it. you can put an RC low pass filter in between two inverting stages. the only difference is that you put a diode in parallel to the resistor so that it charges the cap fully in less than 1ms. here is a schematic that has RC low pass filters in between inverting schmitt triggers. you will need to change it around for your purposes but the general idea of RC low pass is the same.

https://theremin.us/Circuit_Library/cacophonator.html
latigid on
@Andrew: if you missed the MIDIbox post, the option for stretched triggers is available for testing in the latest firmware.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1