MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sonicstate attending London product launch. What is it?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Sonicstate attending London product launch. What is it?
tioJim
Hello

This is rumour control ...

At the beginning of this week's SonicTalk Nick said there'll be no show next Wednesday because they're attending a London product launch. There was talk in the live chat of something from Roland, possibly an analog polysynth, though I didn't quite catch it and it might have been idle gossip or just said for fun.

Anybody know anything? Are Roland about to finally drop a proper analog poly and smoke the competition out of the water?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XsysOXsftU
flashheart
Don't be silly, it's an Alexa enabled accordian.
tioJim
flashheart wrote:
Don't be silly, it's an Alexa enabled accordian.

haha

Roland do make digital accordions they're just rarely seen outside Germany

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1arflmuTChA
CoreInside
New vst plugin

J/k
tioJim
CoreInside wrote:
New vst plugin

J/k

It'll be a virtual plugin of ... an existing virtual plugin lol
mokomo
Sounds behri, behri intriguing
francoprussian
Roland vape obvs. 808 cartridge extra.
ranix
boutique SH-201
tioJim
ranix wrote:
boutique SH-201

hahaha, instant door stop
Licudi
I didn't catch the livechat, but surely the Boutique series is finished? It's been two years since the D-05 and the whiteface SE-02 was cancelled due to lack of orders.
tioJim
Licudi wrote:
I didn't catch the livechat, but surely the Boutique series is finished? It's been two years since the D-05 and the whiteface SE-02 was cancelled due to lack of orders.

I think the boutique SH201 was a gag. The SH201 is a nasty VA that came out a while ago
Licudi
Ha. I'm old enough that I read that as SH-2... That said my point stands - no new Boutiques for two years is a long time.
tioJim
Licudi wrote:
Ha. I'm old enough that I read that as SH-2... That said my point stands - no new Boutiques for two years is a long time.

An altogether different beast! I have one sat behind me in fact.

Yes agreed, presumably the boutique series has come to a conclusion.

Oh, I've remembered now ... the chat was around a 'JX6P'

Sounds iffy to me. If Roland did a new analogue polysynth I'm not sure they'd build off the 'legacy' of the ahem 'legendary' JX3P.
Panason
Licudi wrote:

Good fuckin' riddance. Hopefully the people behind this cynical and insulting move were sacked too. We thought the Airas were bad, then they added insult to injury with the Boutiques... "Here Johnny, now you can finally have the x0x machines and the Jupiter you always wanted, made by Roland themselves! And here's a pair of tweezers to operate them" confused
tioJim
Panason wrote:
Licudi wrote:

Good fuckin' riddance. Hopefully the people behind this cynical and insulting move were sacked too. We thought the Airas were bad, then they added insult to injury with the Boutiques... "Here Johnny, now you can finally have the x0x machines and the Jupiter you always wanted, made by Roland themselves! And here's a pair of tweezers to operate them" confused

Haha, classic Panason. Lolz

(Meant warmly, not being mean to you)
lisa
tioJim wrote:
Are [X] about to finally drop a proper [Y] and smoke the competition out of the water?

That equation is false. There are already great, ”proper” products in every category so there will never again be ”one to rule them all”. And that is a good thing; we are more spoiled for choice than ever.
tioJim
lisa wrote:
tioJim wrote:
Are [X] about to finally drop a proper [Y] and smoke the competition out of the water?

That equation is false. There are already great, ”proper” products in every category so there will never again be ”one to rule them all”. And that is a good thing; we are more spoiled for choice than ever.

indeed

win/lose, it's all a bit 'binary' which is so last millennium
Licudi
Panason wrote:

The gearsize debate isn't going to go away. Given the floor-area of the average living accommodation, particularly in Japan and the UK, I’d be surprised if many people are able to owns lots of full-size Behringer units regardless of low price. And isn’t Eurorack part of the same miniaturisation trend?

Plus some Boutiques are better than others. In particular, the JU-06 is excellent and this has been recognised in the marketplace - I can't think of any other mainstream synth that has risen so dramatically in price so soon after ending production.
JohnLRice
I 'heard' Behringer is getting into the automotive industry and going to clone one of the Tesla cars. In a double plot twist though it's going to be called the Edison and run on AC power!
daveholiday
JohnLRice wrote:
I 'heard' Behringer is getting into the automotive industry and going to clone one of the Tesla cars. In a double plot twist though it's going to be called the Edison and run on AC power!

LOL!!!!
3db
Spitfire Audio are launching something on Wednesday in London.
Could it be this ?
Panason
JohnLRice wrote:

I see what you did there...
tioJim
3db wrote:
Spitfire Audio are launching something on Wednesday in London.
Could it be this ?

Well NIck said 'synth fans will be happy' but always happy to see what Spitfire come up with
h4ndcrafted
Is it going to be some sort of rompler then ?
kinkujin
tioJim wrote:
lisa wrote:
tioJim wrote:

indeed

win/lose, it's all a bit 'binary' which is so last millennium

Win/lose I won’t be buying it until it goes on BST.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2