Holding your case at an angle

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

sutekina bipu-on
Ultra Wiggler

Holding your case at an angle

Post by sutekina bipu-on » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:19 am

I got a 9U euro case sitting on a table. The bottom row sucks to use and get to since it's so awkward to get to. I've been trying to find some sort of slightly angled stand i could put my 9u case on and not worry about it. Anyone else doing this?

hlprmnky
Common Wiggler

Post by hlprmnky » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:50 am

I can't see a reason why a 9U case couldn't be used with something like the Make Noise Blue Steel stand. I have an Erica Synths 6U case and stand, but the Erica stand has "notches" for a 3U skiff and 6U case, so it wouldn't work for your use case out of the box, but it doesn't seem like it would be too hard to make something similar if you have woodworking skill and some simple tools?

Keltie
Veteran Wiggler

Post by Keltie » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:16 am

Guitar amp stand. I have a quiklock... assuming height won’t be a problem. Or maybe a substantial baton under the rear of the case to get some angle.

ersatzplanet
Synthwerks Design

Post by ersatzplanet » Sun Aug 25, 2019 11:50 am

I did this easy solution but you may not be able to do it with a 9U. I bet you can though.

Industrial Velcro, super sticky and super strong. You can get it at many hardware stores (I got mine at Fred Meyers). and a large gate or door hinge. A Velcro cable tie use to adjust the angle. Removable and storable in the lid. Less than $10 total.

-James

James Husted - Synthwerks, LLC - www.synthwerks.com - info@synthwerks.com - james@synthwerks.com
Synthwerks is a proud member of the Mostly Modular Trade Association (http://www.mostlymodular.com).
Always looking to trade for Doepfer P6 cases

Navs
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by Navs » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:04 pm

I have this, thanks to a tip in the Hordijk System thread:

https://www.k-m.de/produkte/zubehoer-fu ... er-schwarz

batch
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by batch » Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:49 pm

I used this for a while with a 12U case. What’s nice is that you can get your knees under it. What’s bad is that you don’t have anything in front for say a keyboard or similar.

On Stage RS9050 Adjustable Amp/Mixer Stand

FS: Erica Synths Hi-Hats D $175, Cymbals $175, Stereo Mixer v2 $100, Intellijel 1U Pedal IO $70, MIDI $110, Rebel Tech Bit Reactor $95

brycecake
Common Wiggler

Post by brycecake » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:18 pm

Navs
Perfect "right out of the box" solution! Definitely gonna try this with my a-frame guitar stand!

electricanada
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by electricanada » Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:20 pm

ersatzplanet wrote:I did this easy solution but you may not be able to do it with a 9U. I bet you can though.

Industrial Velcro, super sticky and super strong. You can get it at many hardware stores (I got mine at Fred Meyers). and a large gate or door hinge. A Velcro cable tie use to adjust the angle. Removable and storable in the lid. Less than $10 total.

I like it; looks cheap and easy. I’m thinking maybe two hinges for 9u? How stable is it? It looks like it might be just a tad wobbly.
Eléctrica (electric) Nāda (the yoga of sound).

selfdestroyer
Wiggling with Experience

Post by selfdestroyer » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:10 pm

I went with this for my 9U DIY case.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E7 ... UTF8&psc=1

Here is a few pics on Instagram of me using it for scale.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Br1yJUhnoP_ ... hare_sheet
Last edited by selfdestroyer on Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My DIY / Music Blog They Remain Silent

Dragonaut
Ultra Wiggler

Post by Dragonaut » Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:51 pm

ersatzplanet wrote:I did this easy solution but you may not be able to do it with a 9U. I bet you can though.

This is giving me anxiety.
https://soundcloud.com/acaciabridge (IDM, Ambient, Bass, Downtempo)
www.instagram.com/dr_science_phd (synths, hikes, and views.)

Return to “Eurorack Modules”