MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Long Buchla Jam
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Long Buchla Jam
mathomas
Had a lot of fun with this very simple patch. Two voices, sequencing by Sputnik 5-Step sequencer adapted via a Blade frame, additional sequencing/time by hTT and 251e. DPO, 261e stacked for rhythm voice, and 259e on melody/spice voice. Direct to Zoom H6, with a touch of extra reverb added in post (in GarageBand).

Video done with “Magic Music Visuals” software (my first attempt, and maybe a bit lame seriously, i just don't get it).

Peake
Pardon me for making comparisons to other music but I enjoyed the possible Tangerine Dream influence of Thief-like press rolls and some Phaedra-like space/vibe. I know you're probably not attempting to mimic or directly reference other things and what you're doing stands up on its own and is a promising direction. I especially enjoyed the timbral shifts and seeming octave shifts.
mathomas
Peake wrote:
Pardon me for making comparisons to other music but I enjoyed the possible Tangerine Dream influence of Thief-like press rolls and some Phaedra-like space/vibe. I know you're probably not attempting to mimic or directly reference other things and what you're doing stands up on its own and is a promising direction. I especially enjoyed the timbral shifts and seeming octave shifts.

I don’t mind comparisons at all! It lets me understand how what I produce is heard by others! I was definitely aware that the ratcheting approach was a TD standby, but I’m actually very shallow in TD (and electronic music in general eek!). So I basically just “make what I make” without any super-strong influences, other than probably tertiary ones that come from watching lots of YT vids oops.

Based on your comment I will seek out these examples. Very helpful to me. Thanks!
30+ minutes of goodness there! Totally dig this. thumbs up
mathomas
01235813 wrote:
30+ minutes of goodness there! Totally dig this. thumbs up

Thanks! SlayerBadger!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1