MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Reason 11
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Reason 11
Kummer
Just wanted to start this thread. Looks great in my opinion and brings a bunch of long requested sequencer updates. Also, Reason as a plugin (specifically as an FX plugin) in the DAW will be amazing!
CF3
Reason as a Rack Plugin is the smartest thing they've done in a long time. They really do have a great collection of devices. Brilliant move.
ersatzplanet
I have seen a bunch of post where people think it will only be offered as a plug in, which is not the case. The only bummer is for those who have invested in some of the rack extensions that are going to be bart of the more expansive suite update. The price may not be as affordable to those who already own some of those extensions. I am interested in the new Scenic Hybrid Instrument. I guess I will have to compare the list of included extensions in the Suite and see how many of them I would want and compare that price against the price of the Standard version and those extensions I would want bought separately.

"The extra devices that you get with suite are Scenic Hybrid Instrument, Complex-1 Modular Synth, Umpf Club Drums, Umpf Retro Beats, Reason Electric Bass, Reason Drum Kits, Processed Pianos, Layers Wave Edition, Layers, Parsec Spectral Synthesizer, Radical Keys, Polar Dual Pitch Shifter, Rotor Rotary Speaker, PolyStep Sequencer, Quad Note Generator, Drum Sequencer." - that may not be worth the $120 price difference in the cost of a standard upgrade and the Suite Upgrade.
Fknfade
Can't wait to use Reason inside of Ableton without having to rewire it in. Going to save a lot of time!
DJMaytag
I’m excited for this update. I hope Reason Rack makes devs excited about RE development, that their devices can be used in other DAW’s, with the benefit of having unrestricted use inside Reason.

Suite vs standard though... the extra $120 seems to make sense, as what you get is like $10 per device (or in my case, about $30 per useful/ interesting device). I guess Complex-1 alone could be worth it for nearly $100.
noeticsound
This looks like a great update. Rewire was great for its time but now feels very dated. Being able to use Reason as an instrument or an effect inside Live, saving everything with the Live project, is a huge leap forward in workflow. As it is, I love both Reason and Live but rarely use them together anymore. #gamechanger
kinkujin
Love to see the Props moving forward. I'll be sticking with ver 10 though, as I have more synths than I have time for. RE's too!
the tone ranger
kinkujin wrote:
Love to see the Props moving forward. I'll be sticking with ver 10 though, as I have more synths than I have time for. RE's too!

Same for me. I’ve barely touched the new features from Reason 10.
ersatzplanet
the tone ranger wrote:
kinkujin wrote:

Same for me. I’ve barely touched the new features from Reason 10.

I understand this too. I often find myself caught up in "update fever" and buying updates just because they are there. The companies that jumped on the subscription model of software distribution are basically relying on those feelings to survive. "Get updates automatically!"
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1