Reason 11

Reaktor, MAX/MSP, VST/AU, etc. A place for all things soft....

Moderators: luketeaford, Joe., lisa, Kent

Kummer
Ultra Wiggler

Reason 11

Post by Kummer » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:41 pm

Just wanted to start this thread. Looks great in my opinion and brings a bunch of long requested sequencer updates. Also, Reason as a plugin (specifically as an FX plugin) in the DAW will be amazing!
I AM THAT I AM

CF3
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by CF3 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:07 pm

Reason as a Rack Plugin is the smartest thing they've done in a long time. They really do have a great collection of devices. Brilliant move.

ersatzplanet
Synthwerks Design

Post by ersatzplanet » Mon Aug 26, 2019 5:48 pm

I have seen a bunch of post where people think it will only be offered as a plug in, which is not the case. The only bummer is for those who have invested in some of the rack extensions that are going to be bart of the more expansive suite update. The price may not be as affordable to those who already own some of those extensions. I am interested in the new Scenic Hybrid Instrument. I guess I will have to compare the list of included extensions in the Suite and see how many of them I would want and compare that price against the price of the Standard version and those extensions I would want bought separately.

"The extra devices that you get with suite are Scenic Hybrid Instrument, Complex-1 Modular Synth, Umpf Club Drums, Umpf Retro Beats, Reason Electric Bass, Reason Drum Kits, Processed Pianos, Layers Wave Edition, Layers, Parsec Spectral Synthesizer, Radical Keys, Polar Dual Pitch Shifter, Rotor Rotary Speaker, PolyStep Sequencer, Quad Note Generator, Drum Sequencer." - that may not be worth the $120 price difference in the cost of a standard upgrade and the Suite Upgrade.
-James

James Husted - Synthwerks, LLC - www.synthwerks.com - info@synthwerks.com - james@synthwerks.com
Synthwerks is a proud member of the Mostly Modular Trade Association (http://www.mostlymodular.com).
Always looking to trade for Doepfer P6 cases

Fknfade
Learning to Wiggle

Post by Fknfade » Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:13 pm

Can't wait to use Reason inside of Ableton without having to rewire it in. Going to save a lot of time!

DJMaytag
Ultra Wiggler

Post by DJMaytag » Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:46 pm

I’m excited for this update. I hope Reason Rack makes devs excited about RE development, that their devices can be used in other DAW’s, with the benefit of having unrestricted use inside Reason.

Suite vs standard though... the extra $120 seems to make sense, as what you get is like $10 per device (or in my case, about $30 per useful/ interesting device). I guess Complex-1 alone could be worth it for nearly $100.
Instagram | Soundcloud | Wisco Wigglers

If you talk about improper grounding 3 times, Graham Hinton appears!” -djs

noeticsound
Common Wiggler

Post by noeticsound » Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:44 am

This looks like a great update. Rewire was great for its time but now feels very dated. Being able to use Reason as an instrument or an effect inside Live, saving everything with the Live project, is a huge leap forward in workflow. As it is, I love both Reason and Live but rarely use them together anymore. #gamechanger

kinkujin
Common Wiggler

Post by kinkujin » Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:51 pm

Love to see the Props moving forward. I'll be sticking with ver 10 though, as I have more synths than I have time for. RE's too!

the tone ranger
Common Wiggler

Post by the tone ranger » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:49 pm

kinkujin wrote:Love to see the Props moving forward. I'll be sticking with ver 10 though, as I have more synths than I have time for. RE's too!
Same for me. I’ve barely touched the new features from Reason 10.

ersatzplanet
Synthwerks Design

Post by ersatzplanet » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:03 pm

the tone ranger wrote:
kinkujin wrote:Love to see the Props moving forward. I'll be sticking with ver 10 though, as I have more synths than I have time for. RE's too!
Same for me. I’ve barely touched the new features from Reason 10.
I understand this too. I often find myself caught up in "update fever" and buying updates just because they are there. The companies that jumped on the subscription model of software distribution are basically relying on those feelings to survive. "Get updates automatically!"
-James

James Husted - Synthwerks, LLC - www.synthwerks.com - info@synthwerks.com - james@synthwerks.com
Synthwerks is a proud member of the Mostly Modular Trade Association (http://www.mostlymodular.com).
Always looking to trade for Doepfer P6 cases

Return to “Music Software”