MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

RINGS HIDDEN MODES? HOW DO YOU CHANGE BACK??
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author RINGS HIDDEN MODES? HOW DO YOU CHANGE BACK??
AHRKHNOISE
So rings hidden modes....

I’ve been preparing for some shows, have a patch I’ve been working with for a long time, and was just jamming after a good run through, and I think I activated hidden setting or something... I think held down the poly button (left hand side) and now is sounding really crazy....seems like dampening and structure are both doing some weird stuff, it’s gone from sounding very harmonious to very discordant and now the dampening (which I play with in the performance) doesn’t seem to work when a cable is patched in... finding lots of info on lots of hidden modes and what they do, but no where can I find how to revert back to the standard normal rings modes???
Sorry if this is something very simple, I’m not really a technical modular guy! Anyone help?
Keltie
oops....foghorn has it right oops

Edit to add : fellow Uk wiggler here....where are you playing?
Agawell
it's the same to get out of as to get in

set the knobs and long press on either button

I'm sure you've seen the knob positions when searching
Foghorn
Rings Easter Egg
set the knobs and long press on THE POLY button

...set the knobs (like shown below)
apparently even the little attenuverters.

Foghorn

EDIT: changed to say "long press on THE POLY button" to prevent someone from becoming misinformed in the future.
Trebbers
Long press of the poly button will cause the LED to blink in different colors and changes how the voices alternate between the two outputs. A long press gets out of it.

You might have long pressed both buttons and entered calibration.
AHRKHNOISE
Thanks guys!
Got it sorted ... I think! Pretty sure I have the timbre and sound back as close to what I was working with (with some pretty intense fine tuning of the pitch...) phew!
Must dig into the Easter eggs properly in the future though!
@keltie , I’m playing a really small Uk festival called we are trees, in Fellfoot wood, by lake Windermere in Cumbria. Modular ambient bliss drones in a wood by a lake! Oh yeaaah! X
Keltie
AHRKHNOISE wrote:
, I’m playing a really small Uk festival called we are trees, in Fellfoot wood, by lake Windermere in Cumbria. Modular ambient bliss drones in a wood by a lake! Oh yeaaah! X

Cool! Best of luck with it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1