MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

O+C - Sequins Change the step length
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author O+C - Sequins Change the step length
SunRa
Sry if I missed it in the manual, but how do I increase a step's length in Sequins mode?
Ebotronix
you can mute the steps you don't need (left encoder)
or you trigger the sequin with a various trigger.
BaloErets
SunRa wrote:
Sry if I missed it in the manual, but how do I increase a step's length in Sequins mode?

No need to be sorry, but yes it's there in the manual thumbs up
adjust the sequence length by pointing the cursor to the far right, then turn the right encoder.

EDIT; In the future, there's an O_c dedicated thread and would probably be the best place to ask these kinds of questions.
mxmxmx
SunRa wrote:

if step length = gate length of individual step, that's not possible (as is). there's CV control over pulsewidth, which isn't quite the same admittedly.
sylvainstg
Currently seeking for guidance on the idea of muting a note in Sequins...

I know this is not the question raised here but in my O_c left encoder will zero out the note effectively but that note is becoming the extension of the previous note, not a silence.

Is that the expected behaviour?
I am running firmware 1.3.4.

Thanks!
mxmxmx
sylvainstg wrote:
Currently seeking for guidance on the idea of muting a note in Sequins...

I know this is not the question raised here but in my O_c left encoder will zero out the note effectively but that note is becoming the extension of the previous note, not a silence.

Is that the expected behaviour?

i think so. masking a step/note = no gate, and pitch remains unchanged from the previous step.

what does your patch look like? fwiw, there is no specific output voltage level that will produce "silence"; you'd typically use the gate output to trigger an envelope / open a VCA, or not.
sylvainstg
Thanks mxmxmx for offering to take a look at my patch, learned something today. Thanks.

Here it is.

Using Sequins, Gate1 receives a clock from MI Marbles, then I am simply taking OUT1 into 1v/oct of my VCO.

I am trying to find a way to reproduce the behaviour that Ricky Tinez is obtaining with Intellijel Steppy in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcvvYPu6cow&feature=youtu.be&t=1194 ...

"...but listen how much this changes when I take a single step away..."

Anyway this can be achieved with O_c?

Thanks in advance for your help.
mxmxmx
sylvainstg wrote:
Thanks mxmxmx for offering to take a look at my patch, learned something today. Thanks.

Here it is.

Using Sequins, Gate1 receives a clock from MI Marbles, then I am simply taking OUT1 into 1v/oct of my VCO.

I am trying to find a way to reproduce the behaviour that Ricky Tinez is obtaining with Intellijel Steppy in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcvvYPu6cow&feature=youtu.be&t=1194 ...

"...but listen how much this changes when I take a single step away..."

Anyway this can be achieved with O_c?

sure, O_ c's sequencer is rather simplistic, but it can do that. he's using the gate output A from "Steppy" to ping "sinc bucina", as far as i can see; "Sequins", in addition to pitch (outputs A and B), puts out gates on outputs C and D. you can use it to ping a LPG if you have, or envelope/VCA or the like. that is, you want to use both. basically:

A -- > VCO ----------+
.............................+
C --> envelope --> VCA -->
sylvainstg
okay...

I have configured Sequins aux. mode as ADSR with a GATE att shape and long sustain.

I have C --> VCA (trying to get Math to play the envelope here... with no success...) I am not so sure I am seeing how I can obtain the idea of skipping notes in the sequence.

I created the patch.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/patches/image/54375.jpg

The fact that you mention this should be possible confirms that I am doing something wrong but somehow I am failing at understanding how the A and C signals, being in sync, could allow what I am trying to achieve.

I understand that the envelope has the capability to shutdown the signal and therefore silence notes which I believe this is the trick I am after here...

Anyway, lots of fun but I am missing something... If you feel for more handholding... ;-)

Cheers!
Sylvain
mxmxmx
sylvainstg wrote:
I am not so sure I am seeing how I can obtain the idea of skipping notes in the sequence.

I created the patch.
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/patches/image/54375.jpg

The fact that you mention this should be possible confirms that I am doing something wrong but somehow I am failing at understanding how the A and C signals, being in sync, could allow what I am trying to achieve.

ok, maybe i'm not getting what you're trying to achieve, but i assume it's (literally) just a "sequence". each step of such a sequence will consist, if you like, of two pieces of information, "pitch" (CV) and "gate" (on/off), which is why they're in sync:

output A: ----C----F----x----x----G----H

output C: ----*----*----°----°----*-----*

you'd use "C" to trigger a/the envelope, you could either use Maths or Peaks or one that comes with "Sequins". in terms of "silence" ("x"), the key thing here is your VCA, which will be opened or not depending on whether or not the envelope got triggered (°/*); from the Ripples manual:

Quote:
3. GAIN: VCA control voltage. This voltage controls the level of the signal produced at the LP4>VCA output. 0V silences the signal; 5V applies a unitary gain. Values above +5V are progressively compressed.
sylvainstg
Got it now. Thanks for the reference to the Ripples manual.
I have not tried it as I write this but I get it.
Many thanks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1