MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FX AID - multi audio effect module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author FX AID - multi audio effect module
igorrr
32 unique audio effects arranged in 4 banks of 8 effects. Three effect controls plus analog Dry/Wet control with dedicated CV input. High quality stereo signal pass. Assignable CV input to effect controls or to Sample Rate reducer (changes internal clock). Four user storable presets – stores selected program and all three controls.
4 HP size, Spin FV-1 based, 200 USD or 180 Euro. +80 mA, -30 mA

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/happy-nerding-fx-aid
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/happy-nerding-fx-aid-black
https://vimeo.com/356237067

bemushroomed
Nice! Will it remember the last used effect and CV assign after a power cycle?
shoottofill
ohhh can't wait to hear some demos!
Paranormal Patroler
Sweet sweet sweet!
igorrr
Yes, it remembers last used effect and assigns.
Will do some demos, despite crazy copyright troubles with youtube.
shoottofill
igorrr wrote:
Yes, it remembers last used effect and assigns.
Will do some demos, despite crazy copyright troubles with youtube.

nice, this is a good fit for people who don,t have room for huge modules.
igorrr

In this demo “Cloud” reverb is used (inspired by Big Sky’s Cloud algo).
There are also other Big Sky specific reverbs: Swell, Bloom, Cloud, Chorale, Shimmer, Magneto, Nonlinear.
Funky40
please post a full list of the FX,
and if this are custom programms made by or for you or algos that could be found in any other spin FX also ?

in 4HP definitly a interesting thing, ..........anyway, since i personally like the modules i have from You/Happy Nerding
nostalghia
Very interested. Modular Grid page shows it as "currently available".
Are production units ready now or soon? When will it start shipping?
BaloErets
Wow! Happy Nerding just kills it with every module released! Bravo, looks amazing!
applause applause applause
Dogma
This is a almost purchase!

Who did the spin programs or where are they from? That would be the clicher
igorrr
Will post the list of effects tomorrow.
All of them are carefully programmed by me. I have the working prototypes, it is not available for purchase at the moment. But it is not something just imaging and vaporware like.
Zymos
"32 unique audio effects" , but 7 of them are copies of Strymon's reverbs?
Bob Borries
The reverb sounds great and stereo inputs as well. I'm sure all of your FX modes will have the same quality. I was looking at the Un-released TipTop Verb but it's a little too wide in HP.
Ras Thavas
Zymos wrote:

He said "inspired by", not copies. And if you're going to do a collection of reverbs that's a good place to get inspired from IMO. smile

Spin based fx depend on the quality of the programs, glad to see someone craft their own and not fill the module up with the freeware spin programs.

Of course, the final determiner will be how good the algorithms sound, looking forward to demos.

At this price point and size, if the fx sound good this module seems like a winner to me.
hawkfuzz
Zymos wrote:

Maybe "unique" means interesting...
SavageMessiah
Huh, a compact fx module with stereo in. Color me interested. This could be the next pico dsp.
synonymist
igorrr wrote:
32 unique audio effects arranged in 4 banks of 8 effects. Three effect controls plus analog Dry/Wet control with dedicated CV input. High quality stereo signal pass. Assignable CV input to effect controls or to Sample Rate reducer (changes internal clock). Four user storable presets – stores selected program and all three controls.
4 HP size, Spin FV-1 based, 200 USD or 180 Euro.

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/happy-nerding-fx-aid
https://vimeo.com/356237067
http://youtu.be/JS9SwzkEuwo

Hello. Very nice. I am interested pending hearing more of the reverb algos and with different sound sources.

By the way, I listened to this demo first on YouTube then on Vimeo, both at 1080p. Vimeo sounded much better. No contest.

Good Luck with what promises to be an excellent new module design.
circuitburst
Excellent idea. Looks like a great design. Maybe this will provide some much needed competition to the Erica Pico DSP!
cackland
Congrats on the new module, however its only disappointment for me... the size of the module, with 4 full size knobs in such a tight space seems like a nightmare.

Sure, I get the mindset behind a module packed with features, but come on... ergonomics.
Pighood
Current draw please?
Tonescape
Woah, Igor! This is great.

Stereo in, lot's of algorithms, 4HP! w00t

Will it be available in black too?
igorrr
Will be available in both silver and black versions. Will post the black version photo as soon as I will get the panel. And will inform the current consumption a bit later.
Algos can not be counted as art objects, so “unique” in this case means new to eurorack or designed with respect to our needs.
Daisuk
Yes, this is great. Happy Nerding stuff is awesome. applause
igorrr
Here is the biggest part of the available effects. FX AID runs 32 effects at once, but not limited to this amount. I will provide the easy way of reflashing the factory effects with the desired ones in any order. Will add the possibility to run freely available third party effects too.
Easy reflashing means the following: playing 40 sec long “wav” file with line level to CV input.
Reflashing mode: hold both buttons for 10 sec. This part is already done. Web editor to select the desired effects and generate that “wav” file is to be done yet.

“Tone” control: bipolar, neutral in the middle (12 o’clock), CW – cuts lows, CCW – cuts highs.
“Damping”: full CCW – most HF attenuation, full CW – no HF attenuation.

Bit Reducer: Amount, preFX Tone, post FX Tone. Stereo in – stereo out, mono in – stereo out.
Sample Rate Reducer: Amount, preFX Tone, post FX Tone. Stereo in – stereo out, mono in – stereo out.
Delay mono: Delay time, Feedback, Tone. Mono in – stereo out.
Delay Ping-Pong: Delay time, Feedback, Tone. Mono in – stereo out.
Delay Freq Shift: Delay time, Feedback, +- Freq Shift. Freq Shift is inside feedback loop. Mono in – stereo out.
Delay Pitch Shift: Delay time, Feedback, +- 1 oct Pitch Shift in 1 semitone steps. Pitch Shift is inside feedback loop. Mono in – stereo out.
Delay Tape: Delay time, Feedback, Heads Ratio. Mono in – stereo out.
Delay Comb: Freq, Resonance, +- Feedback. Stereo in – stereo out, mono in – stereo out.
Delay HP: Delay time, Feedback, 2pole HP filter Freq. Resonating HP filter is inside feedback loop. Mono in – stereo out.
Delay LP: Delay time, Feedback, 4pole LP filter Freq. Resonating LP filter is inside feedback loop. Mono in – stereo out.
Delay Magneto: Delay time, Feedback, Chorus. Big Sky’s inspired, 4 heads, even spacing. Mono in – stereo out.
Delay Reverse: Delay time, Feedback, Tone. Mono in – mono out.
Delay to Reverb: Delay time, Feedback, Reverb Time&Amount, bipolar, CW – longer Reverb, CCW – shorter Reverb. Mono in – stereo out.
Delay to Single Shimmer: Delay time, Feedback, Shimmer Reverb Amount, bipolar, CW – Up Shimmer, CCW – Down Shimmer. Mono in – stereo out.
Delay to Dual Shimmer: Delay time, Feedback, Dual Shimmer Reverb Amount, bipolar, CW – longer Reverb, CCW – shorter Reverb. Mono in – stereo out.
Delay Vowel: Delay time, Feedback, Vowel: AH-E-EE-U-O-I-AE-AW-A-ER. Vowels are formed before Feedback. Mono in – stereo out.
Filter Vowel: +-Freq Shift, Resonance, Vowel: AH-E-EE-U-O-I-AE-AW-A-ER. Mono in – mono out.
Flanger: Rate, Range, +- Feedback. Stereo in – stereo out, mono in – stereo out.
Flanger Barberpole: Rate: CW – Up pole, CCW – Down pole, Range, +- Feedback. Stereo in – stereo out.
Freq Shift: +- Freq Shift, +- Feedback, Tone. Mono in – stereo out.
Freq Shift Dual: +-1 Freq Shift, : +- 2 Freq Shift, 1-2 Crossfade. Mono in – stereo out.
Freq Shift Barberpole: Rate: CW – Up pole, CCW – Down pole, Range, +- Feedback. Mono in – stereo out.
Phaser Switched: Rate, Range, No of stages: 4,6,8,10,12. Mono in – mono out.
Phaser classic 12: Rate, Range, +- Feedback. Mono in – stereo out. 12 stages.
Phaser classic 6 stereo: Rate, Range, +- Feedback. Stereo in – stereo out. 6 stages.
Phaser Barberpole: Rate: CW – Up pole, CCW – Down pole, Range, +- Feedback. Mono in – mono out. 6 stages.
Pitch Shift: +- 2 oct Pitch Shift, +- Feedback, Tone. Mono in – stereo out.
Pitch Shift Dual: +-1 Pitch Shift, : +- 2 Pitch Shift, 1-2 Crossfade. +- 1 oct Pitch Shifts in 1 semitone steps. Stereo in – stereo out.
Pitch Shift Barberpole: Rate: CW – Up pole, CCW – Down pole, Range, Tone. Stereo in – stereo out.
Reverb Black Hole: Decay Time, Gravity, Tone. Eventide’s inspired. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Bloom: Decay Time, Bloom, Tone. Big Sky inspired. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Chorale: Decay Time, Resonance, Vowel: U - O - A - E - I. Big Sky inspired. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Cloud: Decay Time, Chorus, Diffusion. Big Sky inspired. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Depth: Decay Time, Depth, Tone. Stereo in – stereo out.
Reverb EMT250: Decay Time, Predelay, Tone. EMT250 inspired, midium constant density type. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Parking: Decay Time, Chorus, Tone. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Freeverb: Decay Time, Stereo Width, Damping. High constant density type. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Gate: Decay Time, Hold, Tone. Hold adjusts the amount of reverb heard along with the source. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Gate Time: Gate Time, Chorus, Tone. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Gray Hole heavy: Decay Time, Gravity: CW – positive, CCW – negative, Tone. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Gray Hole light: Decay Time, Gravity: CW – positive, CCW – negative, Tone. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Hall Chorus: Decay Time, Chorus, Tone. Stereo in – stereo out.
Reverb Hall Chorus2: Decay Time, Chorus, Tone. Stereo in – stereo out.
Reverb Hall Mid: Decay Time, Predelay, Tone. Stereo in – stereo out.
Reverb Infinite: Decay Time, Chorus, Tone. Decay Time is used to mute the reverb if needed. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Infinite dark: Decay Time, Chorus, Tone. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Phaser 6: Decay Time, Phaser Rate, Tone. 6stage Phaser. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Plate Narrow: Decay Time, Chorus, Tone. HFs have narrower stereo width. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Plate Classic: Decay Time, Predelay, Tone. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Plate Stereo: Decay Time, Choruus, Tone. Stereo in – stereo out.
Reverb Reverse: Decay Time, Slope, Damping. Slope defines amplitude shape of the reverb. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Room: Decay Time, Predelay, Damping. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Shimmer Combo: Decay Time, input Shimmer Up-Dn amount, regen Shimmer Up/Dn amount. Shimmer Up-Dn control: crossfade between Up octave and Down octave Shimmers. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Shimmer Dual: Decay Time, Shimmer amount, Up-Dn amount. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Shimmer Dual Delay: Decay Time, Shimmer delay, Up-Dn amount. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Shimmer input Dual: Decay Time, Shimmer amount, Up-Dn amount. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Shimmer input Single: Decay Time, Tone, Up or Dn amount. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Shimmer Single: Decay Time, Tone, Up or Dn amount. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Shimmer Single var: Decay Time, Shimmer amount, Up or Dn shift in 1 semitone steps. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Spooky: Decay Time, Predelay, Tone. Stereo in – stereo out.
Reverb Spring: Decay Time, Resonance, Damping. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Metallic: Decay Time, Tune, Tone. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Space Station: Decay Time, Output Taps spacing, Tone. Ursa Major inspired. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Swell Dry: Decay Time, Rise Time, Tone. Big Sky inspired. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Swell Wet: Decay Time, Rise Time, Tone. Big Sky inspired. Mono in – stereo out.
Reverb Vocal: Decay Time, Diffusion, Tone. Big Sky inspired. Can be varied between constant density and rising density types with the Diffusion control. Mono in – stereo out.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7