MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ES-8 noise/ pops/ clicks on inputs
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES-8 noise/ pops/ clicks on inputs
BrokenBo
Hi there,

first off i have to say sorry for not being able to describe the issue properly but i am far from being an electronics expert.

I am using Es-8 in a arturia rackbrute 6U case with my modular and ableton live 9.7 on MAC OSX 10.13.4.

when i am connecting one of the inputs i am SOMETIMES hearing some kind of noise/ pops and clicks which disappear right after the cable connection and reappear when accidentally touching the cable connection while wiggling. this is very annoying issue during jams as these noisy outburst are overshadowing all my audio.

i am using tiptop audio stackcables and standard patch cables.

thanks for help!
os
Are you using another audio interface as well, or just the ES-8? How are you monitoring the audio - speakers, headphones etc? Connected how?

Just wondering if you have some kind of weird grounding issue going on.
BrokenBo
I am monitoring via the macbook main output. Es 8 is part of an aggregate device in mac os x. No other output except the macbook main output
os
Which is the clock master? Do you have drift correction turned on on the other device?
BrokenBo
macbook main out is the clock master. drift correction is also turned on on the main output though. should this be on the es-8?
os
Yes, the drift correction should be on the one that is not the master.
BrokenBo
ok i switched and it seems to be a lot better for now. let´s see if it stays like this. thanks!
BrokenBo
ok after some days i have to say that i still have some of the described problems although the changing of the drift control has definately helped.

the es-8 is mounted right above the power supply. could this be an issue?

thanks again for any help.
BrokenBo
ok i think i might have found something. it seems my usb hud is causing this problem. i connected the es-8 directly to my computer and everything seems to be very quiet.
os
w00t

I need to add that to the list of standard questions I ask people when they're having trouble.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1