MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla beer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchla beer
sendepause
I made a little piece for the guys at Marz Community Brewing in Chicago for their "Buchla beer".

Still not very confident on the Easle and it also needs some serious calibration and fine tuning to make it more playable.

Just let me know if you like it. A little feedback is always welcome SlayerBadger!

jimfowler
You’re off to a good start I’d say!
Sounds cool, how long have you been playing?

I just got an easel a few months ago and I love it. I find that you really have to harness it, it's so easy to get carried away and it literally starts screaming and pumping away, to me it feels like a large part of the gist of playing an easel is keeping it at bay and not going "overboard". I guess this is dependent on personal musical taste, I have met people whom love loud "noise".

One "rule" I have imposed on myself is not to use pedals or effects for the first few months. I tell myself this is good to learn the ins and outs of the instrument... I really need to get a big sky and a delay..
Peake
Drink too much and it's a Source of Uncertainty!
Ginko
Love it!
tau_seti
It’s great! I need to get back to my Buchla. So how do we get the beer?
captnapalm
tau_seti wrote:

this place has it for mailorder, though i’ve heard the shipping is steep:
http://store2.craftbeertemple.com/marz-synthesizer-showroom-4-pack-12o z-cans/
sendepause
Thanks for all the nice words!

01235813 wrote:
Sounds cool, how long have you been playing?

Well, i have been fiddling on eurorack since 4 years or so. Did some live performances, do a bit of recording now and then. I build my 208 last year or so. Then i managed to screw it up again and got it fixed beginning of this year and did the 218. Don't play it very often because it needs a good calibration and some fine tuning on the oscillators.
I like the spring reverb as an fx. With some proper reverb it sounds much better. Count to 5 is a perfect match to ad some "extra".

captnapalm wrote:
tau_seti wrote:

this place has it for mailorder, though i’ve heard the shipping is steep:
http://store2.craftbeertemple.com/marz-synthesizer-showroom-4-pack-12o z-cans/

Or, if you live in the area, try the Marz Community Brewing Taproom in Chicago: https://marz.beer/taproom/
sendepause
so did anyone actually get the beer?
captnapalm
sendepause wrote:

I picked some up at the brewery Guinness ftw!
sizone
So it's $40 for a six pack and instead of hops it's brewed with nettles?
rampy
My buddy is gong to bring me some when he visits later this month. Guinness ftw!
sendepause
captnapalm wrote:
sendepause wrote:

I picked some up at the brewery Guinness ftw!

Bonus points for visiting the brewery!
sendepause
rampy wrote:
My buddy is gong to bring me some when he visits later this month. Guinness ftw!

...Going to sent over my wife when she visits Chicago in October. Hopefully she will have some space in her suitcase to bring some beers....
mousegarden
01235813 wrote:
I really need to get a big sky and a delay..

Cant reccomend the Big Sky enough, it's an amazing addition to the Easel, I use an EHX 16 delay into a Big Sky, Ive tried a few other reverbs, but this one really is special.
Slabwax
sendepause wrote:
rampy wrote:

...Going to sent over my wife when she visits Chicago in October. Hopefully she will have some space in her suitcase to bring some beers....

There is ALWAYS room for beer. Guinness ftw!
vanadl138
mousegarden wrote:
01235813 wrote:
I really need to get a big sky and a delay..

Cant reccomend the Big Sky enough, it's an amazing addition to the Easel, I use an EHX 16 delay into a Big Sky, Ive tried a few other reverbs, but this one really is special.

I have a bigsky and an el capistan, they both sound great. But I am inclined to sell them both and just use my spare iphone as an FX processor. I hear that its just as good for the most part and no one has convinced me otherwise, anyone care to shed some light on this?

also, that beer looks yummy.
Guinness ftw!
EPTC
sendepause wrote:
I made a little piece for the guys at Marz Community Brewing in Chicago

Mid-West Coast Synthesis!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1