MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Newb here...rate my starter euro setup!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Newb here...rate my starter euro setup!
jpeterman
I decided to plunge into the deep depths of euro after a few years of looking into it. Prob not the best time to start bc I am super broke lol

Going the mostly DIY route for most modules, to save money and also bc I like building shit!

This is what I'll be starting off with, minus a Noise Reap voltage sequencer (it'll prob be the first module I'll be trying to get rid of, already got the pyramid for sequencing duties):

Everything to the right of the blank space I'll be slowly be adding over time, starting with the plaits

What do you guys think? I have been into 'standard' synths for quite awhile...excited about gettin experimental
Blairio
It looks like you have 3 filters, but no VCA / output stage - unless the 4HP black face module is a VCA? Sorry, but I'm struggling to make out the writing on it. Nothing wrong with multiple filters, but I think at least one VCA is a must.
jpeterman
Blairio wrote:
It looks like you have 3 filters, but no VCA / output stage - unless the 4HP black face module is a VCA? Sorry, but I'm struggling to make out the writing on it. Nothing wrong with multiple filters, but I think at least one VCA is a must.

3 filters, but im holding off on 2 of them for later (jove and mum8). the black face 4hp is Dual Passive Low-Pass Vactrol Gate by Laurentide.

This is my data sheet:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/modules_racks/data_sheet/992480
Blairio
jpeterman wrote:
Blairio wrote:

3 filters, but im holding off on 2 of them for later (jove and mum8). the black face 4hp is Dual Passive Low-Pass Vactrol Gate by Laurentide.

This is my data sheet:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/modules_racks/data_sheet/992480

Ah, understood, LPG's are part VCA, part filter. They are great, but the only LPG I know of that can function as a pure VCA (or in fact a pure filter) is Doepfer's A-101-2. I think perhaps you still need an output stage (the last link in the signal chain).

So perhaps a VCA such as Doepfer's A132-3 (a dual VCA!) or one of Ladik's various VCA's would be a useful addition to your rack.
peachesandbacon
Will keep an eye out here. Am also looking at a first setup limited to 84p for now.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1