MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Beatstep pro and my TR-303/606/909/juno/MS-101
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Beatstep pro and my TR-303/606/909/juno/MS-101
Jay88
I just got the Beat Step pro. I also have the Korg Midi Synchronizer KMS30.

My travel kit is this:
Tr-303/606/909/ Juno 60 no midi. My 909 is Revision one with the crap midi.
All run with the Mackie 1604 mixer old school.
Ceephax Acid Crew is the kinda thing im after.
Possible I might be renting a house in Berlin (Dreaming)
Please what do I need to connect the kit up? I have the factory midi cables that came with the Beat step pro.
I cant find any male din cables/midi to male din or mini jack to Male din.

Im looking at mostly an all Din setup with the help of the KMS30.
Im also super happy to see how well built the BSP is, its a tank!!!
*Im unable to post at the Arturia forum, its got some kind of looping capatcha thing going on,

And also I will post a burning banana Dead Banana
Panason
Jay88 wrote:

Im also super happy to see how well built the BSP is, its a tank!!!
:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=174502&highlight=
Jay88
ok thanks but can you link me some female to female din cables?
How do people use TB-303/606? Gender changers?
Seaweed Sound
There's multiple ways to sync all your stuff up. A dinsync splitter (which I coincidentally sell) would be useful. The splitter takes a dinsync signal and splits it to multiple outputs (same concept as a multiple in modular synthesis):

Here's one possible setup:

Beatstep Pro is the master clock which sends Clock Out (set to 24 ppqn Dinsync in the Arturia Midi Control app) to a Dinsync splitter.

Splitter splits the dinsync to: TB-303, TR-606, TR-909 inputs.

Juno-60 Arp Trig in receives a trigger either from TR-909 Rimshot trig out, TR-606 high or low tom trig out or a Beatstep Pro drum gate out.

MS-101 receives either MIDI or CV/gate from Beatstep Pro. Or clock it's arp/seq from a trigger such as Beatstep gate out.

Optionally also send Beatstep Pro MIDI Out to TR-909 MIDI in (in addition to the existing Dinsync clock connection) and use MIDI to trigger fills/extra notes/rolls etc.

Generally speaking you're not going to want to MIDI clock sync your 909 with the v1 ROM with the MIDI clock bug (especially since this is a travel or live setup). Also triggering multiple 909 hits at the same time via MIDI notes will cause the the sounds to flam because MIDI is a serial protocol so the note events are technically slightly spread out in time. Basically using the 909 as purely a MIDI sound module for busy patterns will suffer timing "tightness" wise.

Not sure if you actually need the KMS-30 in this scenario unless you have any other gear like a Korg drum machine that takes 48ppqn sync?

There's really multiple ways to do it depending on how you like to work. Hope this helps.
Jay88
Seaweed Sound wrote:

Not sure if you actually need the KMS-30 in this scenario unless you have any other gear like a Korg drum machine that takes 48ppqn sync?

O darn, I paid $75 new! Gearslutz was saying the KMS-30 was what I needed.
O well any use for a um, uh... modular 5U?
Jay88
can you tell me what the 8 drum machine jacks are used for?
Seaweed Sound
Jay88 wrote:
can you tell me what the 8 drum machine jacks are used for?

Time to read the manual my man thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1