MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Synth Tech e520 Hyperion Stereo Audio Processor
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Synth Tech e520 Hyperion Stereo Audio Processor
tau_seti
A kickstarter module announced on the synth tech web site.
Pighood
Are you sure about the designation?
tau_seti
Fixed, blame jet lag.
Kent
How about a link, homies?
revtor
Synthtech Stereo EFFECTS!
tau_seti
Kent wrote:
How about a link, homies?

Well ok, http://synthtech.com/
Zymos
Check back Thursday I guess....
mgscheue
https://www.facebook.com/ptschreiber/posts/10215356414925555
paults
Here is the breadboard. If you are unclear what the term 'breadboard' means, Google it SlayerBadger!

Stereo Efeects processor, using 480MHz ARM H7 and 64MB of SRAM

4 CV paramaters
stereo CV Mix
stereo CV feedback insert loop
L/R tap tempo
very shallow (right now, 1 page deep) menu

KickStarter launches Nov. 15th, the price will be < $600 but more than $475. I need to see what tariffs do the next 6 weeks to decide on the Early Bird/Regular (retail) prices. Black and Silver panels.

Approx. 250ma +12V, 85ma -12V, 48HP width, will fit in 4ms powered skiff

More info as I have time, we are focusing on the KnobCon demos. Stop by and listen if you are there this coming weekend.

Zymos
Are you sure you posted the right picture? That doesn't look anything like bread.

Looking forwards to hearing it this weekend....
BlinkyLights
It's YUGE

(kidding)
tau_seti
I see there is a MOTM version. (Also kidding).
MATSmile
Can you run multiple effects in the chain or is it just one at any given time ?
Also, will it have reverb algo?
paults
This is the thing about chaining: the UI then blows up.

Then people complain the UI is 'too complicated' or 'has too many options' and is 'hard to use'.

Better off to have 'fixed' programs that are a chain, but a DEFINED chain.

This is not a reverb, because reverb, by it's very nature, is resistant to fast/step changes in the algorithm (remember Audio Damage?).

Again, better off to tailor the algos knowing they will be CV'd with people shoving pink noise in the CV inputs "just to see what happens [grin]" so you have chips like the Spin (ZDSP, etc), that have like 5Hz LPFs on the CVs, all sorts of limitations.

Also, there is a 40yr 'history' of reverbs, and most are in DAW plug-ins, or $350 old Lexicon/tc electronic 19" racks or little boxes laying about (remember the MPX family?).

So rather than getting constant "I LIKE [name every reverb ever made here] BETTER!" comment, we are focusing on FFT/spectral/frequency domain transforms that have not been done 600 times in the past. We are taking our time to make sure the algos respond to CV in a 'proper way' and not go off in the weeds.
tau_seti
I just want your cat in there, Paul. It hasn’t been the same since I sold the e352. Two e350 and one e370 seemed like enough.

But from the e560 in the photo and the name plus what Paul said I am getting the picture that this module is intended for cv stepping through the effects the way one might step through waveforms on an e350/352/370. Or that’s one dumb cat’s simplification of the project.
Funky40
Sounds ALL *really* GOOD !
ymmv wink

is this euro module there just a reference to the proto-size or is there a relation to the finished module ?
If not related:
how many pots will it have for the main parameters ? ( not counting CV attenuation etc. here !)
BlinkyLights
Very interesting. Thanks for the comments.
JohnLRice
Will there be a trade in / upgrade option for E580 owners? lol
paults
a) no CV stepping through effects. It takes about 650ms to mute the outputs and inputs, switch to the new algo, flush the buffer, unmute, and allow the PLLs to lock.

b) the E560 was just there as a size reference to the breadboard. "For amusement Only"

c) 16 pots, 6 pushbuttons, encoder, 18 jacks.
paults
Quote:
Will there be a trade in / upgrade option for E580 owners?

It's called reverb.com

But you have a LOT of time from today to shipping. 6-8 months.
tau_seti
paults wrote:
a) no CV stepping through effects. It takes about 650ms to mute the outputs and inputs, switch to the new algo, flush the buffer, unmute, and allow the PLLs to lock.

b) the E560 was just there as a size reference to the breadboard. "For amusement Only"

c) 16 pots, 6 pushbuttons, encoder, 18 jacks.

Fair enough, what about the cat?
paults
A new Moses screen shot will be included. Buy with confidence Rockin' Banana!
tau_seti
Whew, thanks Paul. Been missing Moses.
Ras Thavas
paults wrote:
A new Moses screen shot will be included. Buy with confidence Rockin' Banana!

Now I'm in! smile
Ras Thavas
Seriously, this is what I wanted to hear-

"we are focusing on FFT/spectral/frequency domain transforms that have not been done 600 times in the past"

I commented on your FB page about the Michael Norris plug-ins, glad to see you're putting thought into how these sorts of algorithms might work with a physical interface. Very cool...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6