MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Northern Light 2H9 - Extreme Makeover Edition
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Northern Light 2H9 - Extreme Makeover Edition
jimfowler
So I got my 2H9 kit from the amazing dudes at Northern Light and decided to strip all the original inputs/outputs to save weight/space (but mainly just to do it). I also replaced the rotary encoder on the front so I could use a large skirted knob (if anybody knows where to find the large Rogan RB in black lemme know).

Love me some Eventide and thanks to NLM it interfaces brilliantly.

- Jim
meatcliff
Interesting to see how that goes together!

I might have a large black RB67 left for you, but it may be matte though. I'll look for that tomorrow.
tobb
Nice,another step-up mod would be if you replaced the foot-switches with tack or other other type of switches.
ArguZ
Crazy smile

Cool to see people are doing mods of mods.
The reason we use the footswitches in the first place was to keep the innards of the H9 100% intact and reversible to the original.

By the way, we have alu front panels now.
So if anyone wants to swap out acryl for alu let me know.
The gain is look and stability and 250mAh less drain on the internal bus , the price is no more rack power but to use the included wall wart.
jimfowler
tobb wrote:
Nice,another step-up mod would be if you replaced the foot-switches with tack or other other type of switches.

Yes! I've given that some thought and would love to do it...just gotta find the right panel-mounted switches.
tobb
jimfowler wrote:
tobb wrote:

Yes! I've given that some thought and would love to do it...just gotta find the right panel-mounted switches.

Vandal resistant touch piezo switches would be great but expensive

https://www.mouser.co.uk/ProductDetail/Apem/PBAR1AF2000?qs=sGAEpiMZZMt Uv6LzNQ1p1k5Vid9Y8Fx2
jimfowler
Yeah, those would be extremely trick but a bit too pricy for me. I would love to find the C&K style but panel mount. I'll continue to look. In the meantime the stock foot switches are soft press so fortunately there not huge mechanical resistance and "ker-chung" action. But for tap tempo a lighter touch would be great.

- Jim
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1