MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

WMD AXYS - Dual Stereo Crossfader in 6HP
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author WMD AXYS - Dual Stereo Crossfader in 6HP
NastyNachos
AXYS, dual stereo crossfader eurorack module in 6HP is out and in dealers now!

Great for mixng and switching between two stereo sources, two mono sources, or one of each. Add dry/wet to any effect or "DJ" between two complete setups or voices.

Axys is fully DC coupled to allow for use with CV or as a standalone VCA.

CV control over both crossfaders and optional normalling or inverted behavior opens up tons of possibilities.

AXYS retails for $229 Here's some videos, I'm making more now!

Check out the product page here: https://wmdevices.com/products/axys
mafouka
Just what the Dr. ordered!! Seriously such a useful module. Beats Jimmy rigging a bunch of mono x-faders + mults to achieve stereo action. Props to WMD for providing a solid solution to the stereo x-fade void Guinness ftw!
BlinkyLights
Interesting.

What pots are you using for the rotary faders? I'm curious about their slopes/specs.
WMDevices
BlinkyLights wrote:
Interesting.

What pots are you using for the rotary faders? I'm curious about their slopes/specs.

The pots are just control voltage generators, they are linear pots that have CV processing to widen the center, making more of a W taper.

AXYS uses VCAs for the audio path for low noise and excellent channel to channel matching.

The CV input also has processing to widen the zone around 0V to have a nice natural feeling wide center.

The crossfade law we used is a roughly approximated equal power law. It produces a crossfade without volume dips for complex waveforms and program material.
BlinkyLights
WMDevices wrote:
BlinkyLights wrote:
Interesting.

The pots are just control voltage generators, they are linear pots that have CV processing to widen the center, making more of a W taper.

AXYS uses VCAs for the audio path for low noise and excellent channel to channel matching.

The CV input also has processing to widen the zone around 0V to have a nice natural feeling wide center.

The crossfade law we used is a roughly approximated equal power law. It produces a crossfade without volume dips for complex waveforms and program material.

Cool.

Thanks for the explanation.
windspirit
Looks really slick, especially with all of the stereo modules coming out these days.
NastyNachos
Here's a new video using AXYS to "DJ" between two cases:
NastyNachos
Here's a quick one showcasing simple fades between two oscillators and adding in some stereo filtering from the Overseer filter.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1