MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Roland new products launch yawn!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Roland new products launch yawn!!
Man-In-A-Suitcase
Roland launching some new products this year.

Roland Fantom 6, 7 & 8
Roland JU-06A Boutique (Juno-60/106) - Still only 4 voices! seriously, i just don't get it est price $349
Roland MC-101 micro groovebox (4-tracks) est price 499 euros
Roland MC-707 groovebox (8-tracks) est price 999 euros
Roland Jupiter-X (analog modelling) est price just over 2k
Roland Jupiter-Xm (analog modelling - cutdown version of J-X) est price about 1.5k

They might be keeping something back for 9/09 though!

MC-707 + MC-101 (the MC-101 is a 4 track micro groovebox)

New Fantoms

JU-06A Boutique (At least those silly ribbon strips are gone)

Jupiter-X (Analog modelled synth, sorry guys no real analog inside) - tbh it's really Roland's cloud software in a hardware box.

Jupiter-Xm (Cut down version of the above)
Panason
So predictable..Incredibly Insular Japan. Have they really not listened at all? Not just about the digital emulations but about the f u c k i n g. g r e e n. l e d s.... not this shit again

but yeah, that MC101 is finally the Digitakt killer...oh yes.
Carrousel
Gross.

Roland’s R&D team crease me. Honestly can hardly believe that this is what they’ve actually come up with.

AI-crafted backing tracks lolspew
Jason Brock
MC-707 and Jupiter-X seem like things I really wanted 10 years ago. I don't mind that the Jupiter is VA, but for that price it is competing with the Novation Summit. Or for a bit more, the UDO Super 6.
nectarios
Can always count on Roland to piss their brilliant legacy, right up against the wall.
Panason
The MC707 has a nice design and some very handy features but of course it has the same uninspired, cheesy vibe of the AIRAs...

Apparently there is an analog filter in the new Fantom but not in the Jupiter X!
applause applause applause applause

Let's just process that for a moment and contemplate the unfathomable lameness that Roland's decision makers wallow in.... Bop! not this shit again lol! Peter Grenader
Man-In-A-Suitcase
Panason wrote:

Apparently there is an analog filter in the new Fantom but not in the Jupiter X! [/b] applause applause applause applause

Only downside is the prices for the new Fantoms are in the same ballpark as the Waldorf Quantum
RickKleffel
..with which GAS [Gear Acquisition Syndrome] is automagically transformed (sans LFO) into GAS [Gear Avoidance Syndrome].

I see thousands of dollars in savings!
Licudi
The Ju-06A is a welcome surprise. Adds chord memory, trig-in, arpeggiator and delay to what was the best but most hard-to-find of the original Boutiques.

https://www.roland.com/global/products/ju-06a/specifications/
nectarios
Licudi wrote:
The Ju-06A is a welcome surprise. Adds chord memory, trig-in, arpeggiator and delay to what was the best but most hard-to-find of the original Boutiques.

They could just add two more voices...not that I care anyway. Just funny to see Roland re-hash the same digital stuff, years later and present it as something new.
Panason
Man-In-A-Suitcase wrote:
Panason wrote:

Apparently there is an analog filter in the new Fantom but not in the Jupiter X! [/b] applause applause applause applause

Only downside is the prices for the new Fantoms are in the same ballpark as the Waldorf Quantum

The LULZ keep coming.
Licudi
nectarios wrote:
Licudi wrote:

They could just add two more voices...not that I care anyway. Just funny to see Roland re-hash the same digital stuff, years later and present it as something new.

Is Roland presenting this as something new? It seem to be saying the Ju-06 sold-out and fetches a premium on the secondhand market, so here's more of the same but with extra features. I agree that four-voice is a shame after the D-05's polyphony, doubly so as the polychaining on all the Boutiques is poor.
ranix
Carrousel wrote:

AI-crafted backing tracks lolspew

Wesley Willis would be all over that
nectarios
Licudi wrote:
nectarios wrote:
Licudi wrote:

Is Roland presenting this as something new? It seem to be saying the Ju-06 sold-out and fetches a premium on the secondhand market, so here's more of the same but with extra features. I agree that four-voice is a shame after the D-05's polyphony, doubly so as the polychaining on all the Boutiques is poor.

Well its a new synth, but yeah I wanted to say ask more money for pretty much the same thing.
Anyway, to be entirely fair, this is a handy thing for stage use, being so small.
The asking price for the new Ju-06A is just too high for what it is imo...but the ones that take the cake are the MC-707 and Jupiter -X(m)...that's just taking the piss.
I guess Roland caters for people that want a "synth-tool" with good guitar and piano sounds or whatever...and that is a huge market. I am just not part of it.
lud
Crazy prices! Not appealing to me at all either - they seem so far behind others it's not funny
Panason
This actually reminds me of Japanese ebay sellers and their prices.

It would be nice if these tanked but the return of the boutique format unfortunately indicates that there are plenty of aspiring and less picky bedroom producers for Roland to peddle their mediocre plugins-in-a-box to... it is token "hardware" and "hardware" is trending.
jam457
The Mc-101 could actually be cool but 500 euros is a bit too close to a digitakt to really be worth it I am seeing used dt here (canada) for 750 cad so thats very close to 500 euros and just such a better product...

...its also very annoying when there are artificial limitations on things just to make u buy the expensive one.... I totally understand to a certain extent but completely crippling the more affordable product is a bit much... I used an mc303 for years...it could actually be the brain for a medium sized synth setup with its 7 midi tracks and drum machine...I dont understand how the mc303 could actually have better specs than the new product??? I mean mc303s are garbage but still...
DJFonzi
Roland... So much potential, just keeps swinging and missing.
THe next three posts in this forum are currently about the Moog Matriarch, Arturia Microfreak and ASM Hydra. THOSE are interesting new synths.
I honestly can't think of the last Roland product I found interesting (though the System 500 was neat), but I'm pretty sure it wasn't within this decade, and might not even be within this millenium.
roger
actually find the mc707 kind of interesting, not for the price but for live jamming it could be a nice machine.
berfmurret
Hopefully this spells the end of $600-$800 JU-06 on Reverb / FB Marketplace meh
LameAim
Hmm. Could see a JU-06A happening down the road if I found one at a good price.

Kinda want to try out the MC-707 at the store, but doubt I'd be interested in picking one up.

Other than that.... shrug
DJFonzi
roger wrote:
actually find the mc707 kind of interesting, not for the price but for live jamming it could be a nice machine.

Yeah, I'm someone that loved the MC-303 when it came out.
I like the potential of the MC707, but it's got a couple strikes against it.
Too expensive.
No D-Beam. lol
Panason
jam457 wrote:
The Mc-101 could actually be cool but 500 euros is a bit too close to a digitakt to really be worth it I am seeing used dt here (canada) for 750 cad so thats very close to 500 euros and just such a better product...

The MC-101 is a Digitakt killer and this is the best thing about Roland's latest releases.

The MC IS a better product for the target market: Stereo samples, SD card, battery power, made by Roland, easier to use, better FX, USB audio without Overbrigde BS....

MC-101> Digitakt!!
Licudi
Just noticed that Roland has corrected another JU-06 deficiency by adding octaves buttons. Against that, the -06A’s styling means the loss of the JU-06’s LED-tipped sliders. Unsure whether that's good or bad.
mckenic
Very interested in the JU-06a as the 1st batch kind of passed me by and when I took notice the prices were crazy!

Also intrigued by the 707...
... in 2 years time
... used
... at 50% the current price!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6