MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

That which offers no resistance
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author That which offers no resistance
mahler007
Like a couple other sequences I've posted here, this one is essentially the "synth part" of a larger piece which will also feature an SATB (or perhaps SSA) chorus, 2 percussionists, and double bass.

The whole piece will ultimately be 5 movements, each using different chapters from the Tao Te Ching for the text. I think it's going to clock in at about 30 minutes total.

As the synth part is essentially performed as a "composed" part, I've been developing a way to actually score it using 1 staff as a "control" staff that shows individual control movements (quantizer changes, keyboard pitches, filter sweeps, dynamic adjustments, etc.) and several other staves showing the musical results of those control changes. It's been kind of a neat process, and important as I would never remember how to perform this stuff otherwise. Hope you enjoy if you check it out.

oberdada
I only know of one other modularist who writes some kind of performance score. It would be interesting to see what it looks like. When I have performed a fixed modular piece it has been entirely from memory.

Do post an update with choir and everything!
Fog Door
Terrific stuff, like oberdada I would be very interested to hear the "full" version if you manage to capture it smile
mahler007
Thanks for the encouraging words, y'all. If I work hard and finish it by January, there's a good chance I can produce it in the spring. I'll be sure to post an update when the time comes. In the meantime, back to the salt mines...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1