MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

AS3320 Filter Help
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author AS3320 Filter Help
dr.earlfunkton
Hey Y'all!
I'm trying to build a stereo multimode filter bank based on the AS3320 chip (CEM3320 clone). I have some questions about the Resonance CV and Frequency CV. On the datasheet those points appear to be inputs for control voltage. How could I use a pot to control these spots? I imagine I could just wire up a supply voltage to the wiper of a pot and have one leg go to ground and the other to that input spot. Any flaws in my thinking?
Thanks in advance for any help!
Heres the datasheet i'm referencing:
http://www.alfarzpp.lv/eng/sc/AS3320.pdf
devinw1
You got it. 200K resistor in line with the wiper of the pot to the resonance pin should be a good starting point.
dr.earlfunkton
devinw1 wrote:
You got it. 200K resistor in line with the wiper of the pot to the resonance pin should be a good starting point.

Any idea of how much voltage I should supply to these points? I feel like it should be on the datasheet but maybe im blind.
devinw1
dr.earlfunkton wrote:
devinw1 wrote:

Any idea of how much voltage I should supply to these points? I feel like it should be on the datasheet but maybe im blind.

It's a matter of current, not voltage, since you are feeding a gain cell with a control current. The original CEM datasheet talks a bunch about it http://www.bustedgear.com/images/datasheets/CEM3320.pdf, but does say that the pin 9 is at a potential close to ground and has 3.6K input inpedance. I can't find the max current, but I wouldn't go more than probably 150 uA. If you wire your control pot up to 12V and use a 100K resistor, you will be at around 115uA and be just fine.
dr.earlfunkton
Cool i'll try it out. If I were to make a stereo unit would I just double the schematic? Also could I control both channels at the same time if I had a stacked pot?
nigel
dr.earlfunkton wrote:
Cool i'll try it out. If I were to make a stereo unit would I just double the schematic? Also could I control both channels at the same time if I had a stacked pot?

You don't need to duplicate the pot, just feed the same control voltage to both circuits.
devinw1
Right, you just need a input resistor for each chip, and feed it the same CV.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1