MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I made a new thing (kick drum + bass material inside)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author I made a new thing (kick drum + bass material inside)
devinw1
Sooooo, I like drums, and I like OTAs, so with the release of the DIP version of the AS3280 I decided to make a kick drum and bass synth using just 2 of those and some op amps, and I think it came out pretty good! It has 2 envelope generators (done old skool with a 4001) that can be AR or AD so it works as a kick or a bass synth. It has 4 waveforms, sine, and then a choice to mix it with 1 of square, tri, or 2x frequency sawtooth. I had an extra half of a 3280 so I put a little 6 db filter on it which can also be controlled by the pitch envelope. 8 HP Euro for the whole thing.

It uses the same VCA snipped out of the Pro-One/PRO2021 and slams quite nicely! Some samples below (sorry it starts clipping on the first one. I overdrove the input out in my shop and didn't notice.).

A pic of the unit:

Sound samples:

https://soundcloud.com/saywaht/b1-sound-samples-1-kick-mode?in=saywaht  /sets/b1-sound-sample (kick mode)

https://soundcloud.com/saywaht/b1-sound-samples-2-bass-mode?in=saywaht  /sets/b1-sound-sample (bass mode)
tjs
Nice. Good job. When will it be available?
devinw1
Thank ya tjs! I'm thinking pretty soon. I just have to make some build documents and tidy everything up, so maybe another couple weeks! SlayerBadger!
devinw1
Oops forgot link to samples in "bass mode". Link added to bottom of first post. Rockin' Banana!
mome rath
very cool

PCB/panel kits, yeah?
rosch
going to watch this smile
devinw1
mome rath wrote:
very cool

PCB/panel kits, yeah?

For sure. Just gotta finish up the docs and boms. thumbs up
Panason
I'll take two of these, a crispy snare and a sizzling hat in a box to take away please. Miley Cyrus
devinw1
Panason wrote:
I'll take two of these, a crispy snare and a sizzling hat in a box to take away please. Miley Cyrus

Heh, that sounds pretttty prettty good. hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1