MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Is there a sampling groovebox with analogue filter?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Is there a sampling groovebox with analogue filter?
nuromantix
I thought maybe the Toraiz SP16 but there's no envelope or anything to control the filter, it's a just a DJ mixer kind of effect, such a waste.

I basically want my MPC with an analogue filter and better envelopes.
I don't want to take an ancient Studio 440 or similar on tour.

The new MC707 looks cool but why no sampling? If they do a version of this with sampling and the analogue filter from the Fantom I will pay top whack smile
(even better if they leave off sall the silly coloured lights and stuff but not much hope of that.)

Otherwise perhaps they'll add sampling to the MC707 and then I'll get one. The audio input seems to be present so they could implement proper sampling.

Any current machines I should be looking at?
tioJim
Analog RYTM samples (in mono) and has analogue filters

It's more than a drum machine but not quite a 'groovebox'. No MIDI sequencing
nuromantix
Cool, doesn't need to be MIDI as long as i can make full tracks on it.....
zite909
You should have a look at the Gotharman LD3 : its provides a l sampler/synthesizer/sequencer with 8 notes polyphony, 16 tracks, optional analog filters, ... and much more !
tioJim
nuromantix wrote:
Cool, doesn't need to be MIDI as long as i can make full tracks on it.....

Hmm ... haven't tried. The Elektron demos on their site sound very complete but demos often do. Look into the pattern chaning and song modes, see if they suit you. It has 8 voices including samples. Basically samples layer on analog drum sounds and if you only want a sample on that voice you just turn off the drum voice.
lud
zite909 wrote:
You should have a look at the Gotharman LD3 : its provides a l sampler/synthesizer/sequencer with 8 notes polyphony, 16 tracks, optional analog filters, ... and much more !

+1 any of the Gotharman Little Deformers
DiscoDevil
http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/spectralis.php

You could always just put a midi controllable analog filter on the output of your MPC. Like the Akai MFC42 or the Waldorf one.
jsco
the deluge has a filter. it's digital, but it's switchable 12/24db, has a decent sounding overdrive mode, control over freq and resonance, and it's polyphonic. you can "patch" whatever envelopes, LFOs, etc you want to control the parameters.
anselmi
The upcoming Isla SP 2400 will have a daughter board with analog filters and you could choose which one you want in yours (SSM, SEM, etc)
nuromantix
thanks everyone.
i forgot about deluge & little deformer. somehow i find the LD much less appealing since he made it smaller.... I liked the big Mk1 "special edition."
gonna look into deluge.
I emailed Isla to get more info about SP2400.

Also I guess the Yamaha RS7000 is worth a look........
On the Yamaha tip I love the sound of my SU700 but the sequencer is so crippled :(
jessem
nuromantix wrote:

I basically want my MPC with an analogue filter and better envelopes.

You can look for an MPC 2000XL and MFC-42.

Is there a reason you want it all in one unit? If you have a sampler that you like working with find a filter that you like the sound of and connect the two.
nuromantix
MPC2000 is too big and the storage situation is pretty poor. I want something I can carry on to a plane.
Before the MPC1000 came out, I used to buy at least one MPC2000 each year because they regularly got smashed by baggage handlers in airports.
I am playing shows overseas almost every week.

Also those Akai filter things have become collectors items with crazy prices!
DiscoDevil
No midi control but it does have CV inputs for envelope and cutoff, etc. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/2Pole--waldorf-2-pole-analog-f ilter
Funky40
nuromantix wrote:
I want something I can carry on to a plane.

Also those Akai filter things have become collectors items with crazy prices!

..... a little 4ms Pod with a eurorack stereo filter comes to mind !
SSF dipole for example
plus a groove box of your choice .

Vermona has also a nice filter, 19", 1U. Sounds good
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1