MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Building my first rack
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Building my first rack
stefanWEST
So the box is what I currently have and the outside modules are in my frame of mind. Obvioulsy I don't have . the space for all of it.

I need a good mixer,vca, adsr, and lfo but not sure how many inputs/outputs I need to choose one. Also if I should trade out some moffenzeef ones for others.

Please let me know what you think.

I'm basically building a drum machine and a hard synth.
I have an ob6 for poly.
VM
A few disparate points

-modular drum machines take a lot of space. If you are hard-constrained by the dimensions of the rack you posted, you might want to look into desktop hardware options to supplement/compliment percussion modules.

- you have a lot of moffenzeef modules, which are rad, but pretty idiosyncratic and not necessarily an efficient use of space to achieve your stated goals.

-re: "I need a good adsr". Zadar. Fully customisable quad EG in 10 HP. It's mental.

-Can't see your power consumption specs without a link, but Row Power 40 is a safer option for catering to the final rack.
stefanWEST
Since I have a e370 I wasn't sure if I was going to need a quad vca and adsr..
I prefer fader over knobs for adsr but I can ensure a little more knob suffering.
Arneb
VM wrote:
-re: "I need a good adsr". Zadar. Fully customisable quad EG in 10 HP. It's mental.

Zadar isn't everyone's cup of tea though, and I don't think OP will like it - the Zadar workflow being pick one of 260 presets and tweak it a bit, I'd expect the kind of person who likes the Zadar to also be the kind of person who prefers a good drum sample library to synthesized drums.

@OP: Why an ADSR? In drums at least you'd normally prefer the AD/AR approach to envelopes.
rew_
I don't mean this in a rude way but this seems kind of insane to me! You have a mostly full rack of large modules and double+ that outside the rack.

How are you sequencing this?

At the end of the day you're going to have to dial back the ambition—as noted above, drum synthesis takes a lot of space—or prioritize more space efficient modules.

Based on your stated goals, I'd take the e370, grab an Intellijel Quadra and a Pam's New Workout, find some LPGs and VCAs and and build up a little rhythm synth. That leaves space for a few other ideas (Noise Engineering, a filter, some uh modulation) but you might have to admit that in a rack that size, with your goals, you're not going to fit a 20hp reverb or a 16hp fuzz unit.
stefanWEST
rew_ wrote:
I don't mean this in a rude way but this seems kind of insane to me! You have a mostly full rack of large modules and double+ that outside the rack.

How are you sequencing this?

At the end of the day you're going to have to dial back the ambition—as noted above, drum synthesis takes a lot of space—or prioritize more space efficient modules.

Based on your stated goals, I'd take the e370, grab an Intellijel Quadra and a Pam's New Workout, find some LPGs and VCAs and and build up a little rhythm synth. That leaves space for a few other ideas (Noise Engineering, a filter, some uh modulation) but you might have to admit that in a rack that size, with your goals, you're not going to fit a 20hp reverb or a 16hp fuzz unit.

The top is a hard mono synth I'm building
The bottom is my drums

The moffenzeef has a sequencer.
So I need an adsr and vca for the synth portion.

The drums are also going to be sequenced with a mpc live
tonymasiello
VM wrote:

I second the Zadar. I have one that I pair with my E370 and I love it. Have thought about maybe picking up a second one at some point. I have a ton of envelope generators modules, but Zadar was game changing for me. I would not be deterred by the fixed presets. Yeah, there are some I will likely never use, but there is so much flexibility that can be explored.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1