MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Last 3hp in Sequencer box...... what to do???
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Last 3hp in Sequencer box...... what to do???
sutekina bipu-on
Hello wigglers,

I have two little boxes separate from my main euro case. One has a couple voices & utilities and this one has pretty much just sequencing tools.

My setup was slightly different before in it, so I had no free space, but i changed a couple things around and now I have 3hp free I am looking to fill up. I would also be willing to move the Intellijel OR out of the case if there is something truly amazing i could do in 5hp.

Only problem is i'm having a lot of trouble figuring out what would be a cool thing to put in the remaining 3hp. I have a BASTL Wackel Kontakt if I end up needing to fill a 1hp space, but i'd rather have a more useful 3hp module....

A friend suggested I put a sample & hold there, which does sound like a cool / tempting idea. I'm not much of a sample & hold wizard so i guess i don't know what kind of possibilities lie within 4 sequencers and one S&H. I was thinking about a CV mixer as well, but that seems so boring! (though, again i haven't ever really mixed a lot of cv together so i don't know how useful that could be too.)

(That 2hp near the right side is an Intellijel OR.)

Thanks everyone!
synonymist
Hello. A 2hp-wide precision adder on the left, and a 1hp-wide blank panel between it and the OR. smile
noisewreck
5HP:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/klavis-logica-xt
Noodle Twister
3HP Sample/Track and Hold, Noise, and Smooth Random generator

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/zlob-entropy2
Alphaman
put another sequencer in. for example the Erica Synths PICO Seq or the PICO Trigg which is 4 track 16 step sequencer^^
MarcelP
Is that a uO+C in there? I thought that could do S&H functions - could you try that to see if a stand alone S&H would be a useful addition?
ggillon
Check out the Erica Synths Pico, they have all kind of utilities.

They have a nice random module (Pico RND) generating a LFO, Random trigger, random gate length, S&H, and noise, all in 3HP.

All free rate, or clock divisions/mult if a clock is patched

Extremely useful
MarcelP
ggillon wrote:

They have a nice random module (Pico RND) generating a LFO, Random trigger, random gate length, S&H, and noise, all in 3HP.

Extremely useful

Not so useful with no input to the S&H section as the OP then can’t sample and hold his sequencer outputs.
ggillon
MarcelP wrote:
ggillon wrote:

Extremely useful

Not so useful with no input to the S&H section as the OP then can’t sample and hold his sequencer outputs.

Then get this one instead?

It's a bit ridiculous to call a 3HP module packing so much stuff "not so useful" IMO. It's a random module, not a S&H module. It outputs clocked random CV. It's exactly the kind of thing you expect from a random module?

If OP prefers a S&H, there is one. If OP prefers random gates/CV (plus an extra LFO and noise), there is one too. There's so many Picos you can find one to suit your needs

e: to be clear I wasn't in any way suggesting the RND as a S&H. Looking at OP's rack I think a random utility module would fit nicely. You can use it to modulate your other sequencers in all kind of wonky ways.
sko87pro
synonymist wrote:
and a 1hp-wide blank panel

How about this instead? It’s the perfect antidote to those odd-HP panels. Fiddly to install, but I find it very useful.

1HP 6 switches:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/other-unknown-pequeno-interruptor

Arneb
I'm not really seeing anything for modulation CV here, O_C and the Div6 sequencer both being more in the quantized pitch CV sequencing business. A Pico SEQ2 would plug that particular gap.
andybizarre
Erica Synths Pico A-Logic! Min/Max is great for deriving melodies from various sequencers and modulators.
MarcelP
Yes - that looks more useful for the OPs described rack use. He can sample and hold one or more of his many sequencers - not being able to do that would be...less useful...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1