MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Rk 4 pitch tuning
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author Rk 4 pitch tuning
Estes
Hey guys

Sorry if it has been asked before, but I'm having troubles playin keys on the metasonix oscillator. I tried with a Disting mk4 converting linear to exponential, but no luck so far.

Any experiences on that issue?

How do you play on your metasonix?
electricanada
Estes wrote:
Hey guys

Sorry if it has been asked before, but I'm having troubles playin keys on the metasonix oscillator. I tried with a Disting mk4 converting linear to exponential, but no luck so far.

Any experiences on that issue?

How do you play on your metasonix?

Use another oscillator to drive the RK4, as described in the manual.
Yes Powder
I usually control my R54 (the predecessor the the RK4) with a sequencer, or a touch control that allows pitching of each individual note such as a Pressure Points or careful manipulation of a ribbon controller.
I've never used a Disting before, but in my experience with controlling the R54 using a traditional keyboard going into a Lin/Exp converter, I can definitely say that not all Lin/Exp converters are created equal. Just from taking a peak at the manual, one thing that stands out to me is that there is only one knob on the Disting to control the slope, while my IME English Tear and Ladik converters have two; one knob controls the offset, and the other controls the span. MY guess is that the Disting algorithm was designed with certain vintage synths in mind.
metasonix
Yes Powder wrote:
Just from taking a peak at the manual, one thing that stands out to me is that there is only one knob on the Disting to control the slope, while my IME English Tear and Ladik converters have two; one knob controls the offset, and the other controls the span.

Having never tried a Disting, I did not know this. Yes, you NEED a span and an offset control. Neither one is "optional".
Estes
so the correct Ladik module would be this one right?

http://ladik.ladik.eu/?page_id=597
luchog
Estes wrote:
so the correct Ladik module would be this one right?

http://ladik.ladik.eu/?page_id=597

Yes, that's the one. I have one of those paired with my R-55.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1