MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Possible to use Disting as Burst Generator?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Possible to use Disting as Burst Generator?
mahler007
I've been having a lot of fun with the 2hp Burst module, and am curious if it's possible to essentially get the same function out of a Disting Mk4.

I don't believe there's a dedicated "Burst" algorithm in the Disting, but perhaps one of the other gazillion things it can do could be repurposed for this type of use?
cptnal
Maybe, but I'm thinking two Distings - one as a noise generator and one as a comparator.
mahler007
Thanks cptnal,
A little more complicated than what I was hoping for, but I appreciate your taking the time to reply!
Skelecaster
Are you just looking for a larger/easier to use burst generator instead of the 2hp or specifically one in the disting? I haven’t used the 2hp one but I really like my dwarfcraft Yep burst generator, it’s nice and easy to use.
cptnal
mahler007 wrote:
Thanks cptnal,
A little more complicated than what I was hoping for, but I appreciate your taking the time to reply!

I probably made it sound more complicated than it actually is. Mr. Green

If you happen to have a Maths rather than an additional Disting, Hermbot made a great video explaining the concept...

jschussler
Seems like a perfect feature request that would be easy for Os to implement given the comparator is already on board. Anybody know his handle here to ping him?
Agawell
Os and the expert sleepers sub forum is as good a place as any!!!
mahler007
Thanks guys, and yes, I've been meaning to make my way over to the ES subform to make a request, as it seems like it would be fairly easy to implement.

I quite like the 2hp Burst, but have 3 Distings in my system. If I could use one of them as a burst generator, I could get rid of the 2hp one and get a different 2hp unit to replace it...

It's really just about maximizing my rack's space and functionality, and eliminating unnecessary redundancies.
Arneb
I realize that algorithm B-4 is advertised as an audio delay, but I'd guess it could be a trigger delay and, since it has feedback, a burst generator - just patch the triggers into X, a fast clock (burst frequency) into Y, and a 10V gate (burst length) into Z. Can't vouch for that patch, but surely it's worth a try?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1