MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Plaits level problem
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Plaits level problem
jbje
Hi. I just got my second Plaits module off Ebay, this one a black clone. It seems to work perfectly well, except the green synthesis models, which on my original Plaits has a constant output, on this one are all quiet when nothing is coming into the Trig or Level inputs. Except, strangely enough, for the very last mode, which has a faint sound to it. If I give it a cv signal on Level or a gate on Trig, it will sound. But is there something, some hidden menu I am missing?
Thanks in advance, for any advice you can give me.
Agawell
I take it your other one is a factory build and that you have tried the exact same settings on both and the factory one is producing audio and the clone is not?

and everything else works perfectly?

in that case it is most likely a problem with either the trigger or level input jack

if you put a dummy cable into one of these the drone will cut - so a current goes through those jacks and is switched out when one is inserted

it's most likely that mechanism that's not working properly - maybe one of the jacks is faulty or there's a bad solder joint between the voltage source and those jacks

probably very close to the jacks as everything else appears to be working fine
jbje
Thanks, yes that's what I'm thinking as well. Unfortunately I'm rubbish with a soldering iron.
I have discovered another problem though: the MODEL input is unresponsive.

Yes, A/B'ed everything with my factory built, and those are the problems.

This is my first purchase of a DIY module, and I feel a bit discouraged now :(

Thanks for your reply.

Agawell wrote:
I take it your other one is a factory build and that you have tried the exact same settings on both and the factory one is producing audio and the clone is not?

and everything else works perfectly?

in that case it is most likely a problem with either the trigger or level input jack

if you put a dummy cable into one of these the drone will cut - so a current goes through those jacks and is switched out when one is inserted

it's most likely that mechanism that's not working properly - maybe one of the jacks is faulty or there's a bad solder joint between the voltage source and those jacks

probably very close to the jacks as everything else appears to be working fine
Agawell
I would contact the seller and ask them to fix or refund
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1