MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FH-2 feature request: gate-based retrigger on voice stealing
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author FH-2 feature request: gate-based retrigger on voice stealing
kpreid
(This feature might be already on the wishlist due to this other thread but I wasn't quite sure of the description there (that talks about mono converters) and I figured I might as well express interest even if it is.)

I set up my FH-2 for 3-voice polyphony (outputs as CV Gate CV Gate CV Gate). In this configuration if I play a fourth note — or have sustain on — the pitch of one of the existing notes is replaced, but the gate stays high so the envelope does not attack again.

Therefore, I would like an option for the FH-2 to, whenever a note-on steals a voice, briefly toggle the voice's gate output low, so that any attached envelope retriggers.

Of course, this can be handled by envelope retrigger signals, but 3 voices of CV+gate+trigger makes 9 outputs, which won't fit on a FH-2's 8 outputs without expanders. I could use the FH-2's internal envelopes and they retrigger as desired, but I would like to have the option of using a separate envelope module (or other parts of the patch triggered by the gate out).
os
FH-2 envelopes are added to whatever other signal is emerging from an output. Have you tried setting the envelope depth negative and adding it in with the gate?
kpreid
I don't understand how I would specify that. In the configurator, I can specify whether I want an "Envelope" output, but if I turn that on it gets its own output separate from the gate. I don't see any options in the configurator, onboard menu, or manual that relate to assigning envelopes to output jacks directly.
os
You could duplicate the MIDI/CV converter, and have one copy do the gate and the other do the envelope.
kpreid
I see, that works. Thanks.

I do still wish that this was a feature of the basic converter, to simplify configuration, particularly as using envelopes means loading a matching preset as well as a configuration. It could be a third option for the "No stealing"/"Prevent stealing" parameter. On the other hand, doing it with envelopes means you get to customize the timing in case that matters.
os
I'm generally against the "send the gate low momentarily" approach as it inevitably means the note is late.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1