MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Erwik Musikelektronik???
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Erwik Musikelektronik???
Yes Powder
Has anyone here heard of this company?
I remember looking through the Doepfer A-107 module manual a few years back and seeing the company's own multimode filter mentioned as the inspiration for that module, but after looking for them online I concluded that I was at the butt of a weird bit of humor from Doepfer that maybe didn't translate well into English, and thought nothing of it since then.
But while browsing Control's used inventory today I stumbled upon this no-doubt rare piece:

So anyone know anything about this company? Any demos of this filter somewhere that I may have missed? Any modules they made aside from this? And why has the internet apparently swallowed all knowledge that this company ever existed?

(Mods: I'm assuming this is a Eurorack module since I saw it for sale by a company that deals primarily in Euro. If it's another format, please move it ot the appropriate forum. Thank you)
smithjohn
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/other-unknown-erwik-musikelektronik

Seems like the filter in question is a 12 piece limited edition.
sir stony
12 pieces limited?
I'd guess there are more chocolate stains on space suits currently in existence.
But with modules as rare as that I always ask myself, do I want to be a collector, or do I want to be a player? Had it been the superbly great piece of gear, shouldn't it have made it into a larger scale production? If Doepfer used it as an inspiration, it's likely that he ironed out some of the wrinkles that noone ever knew on the way. He's an engineer like that.
Yes Powder
sir stony wrote:
But with modules as rare as that I always ask myself, do I want to be a collector, or do I want to be a player? Had it been the superbly great piece of gear, shouldn't it have made it into a larger scale production? If Doepfer used it as an inspiration, it's likely that he ironed out some of the wrinkles that noone ever knew on the way. He's an engineer like that.

I'm definitely not looking to play Eurorack Pokémon here— and for the amount they're charging, I could buy myself a new A100PB case and still have enough cash left over for a couple modules I've been eyeing.
I'm just fascinated by something that I initially wrote off as not existing, actually existing MY ASS IS BLEEDING
circuitburst
Very interesting!

from http://www.doepfer.de/a107.htm
Quote:
The filter was inspired by the ERWIK Musikelektronik Multimode Filter, which is based on the filter used in the Oberheim Matrix 12 resp. Xpander (thanks to Jesper Erwik Johansson for his assistance and permission to use his idea in our A-107 module).

Apparently, The Synthesizer Network had 5 of the 12 modules for sale at one time:
http://thesynthesizernetwork.shop.textalk.se/modular-a100/erwik-matrix -12-filter
motorhead412
Maybe we can pool our money and do a group buy. I'll take it on Wednesdays and Fridays hihi
batch
$1250 ...
maxwellravitz
the last one sold on reverb went for 1800...
brandonlogic
Are there any recordings/demos of how this sounds?
Summa
I had one for a short while, nothing special about it, other than I could sell it and get a Cwejman MMF-1 and some money to spare at the time Guinness ftw!
sci700
I think it's a lovely filter, sounds nice, smooth feel.
Bought one of those five from The Synthesizer Network in 2001 or something like that.
I put together a shitty soundclip of it here:
http://soundcloud.com/neutrum/erwik-exempel
sempervirent
sir stony wrote:
Had it been the superbly great piece of gear, shouldn't it have made it into a larger scale production?

The gap between having a finished prototype and having a successful product is quite large and the quality of the product is just one variable in a complex equation.
sci700
sempervirent wrote:
sir stony wrote:
Had it been the superbly great piece of gear, shouldn't it have made it into a larger scale production?

The gap between having a finished prototype and having a successful product is quite large and the quality of the product is just one variable in a complex equation.

Also, remember that this is from a time when eurorack was still a pretty obscure thing.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1