MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Anybody in the US stocking Jaspers stands?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author Anybody in the US stocking Jaspers stands?
hippo1
So, long time coming: I've been goofing (happily!) and collecting synths for decades, and all this time I've been using 'standard' keyboard stands (A-frames, and double-x stands, etc.) from the Usual Suspect companies. No complaints and all, but with this analog resurgence.... my keyboard collection is growing again as heavy as it used to be, 80s-style. [And I have FAR more stuff now than I did way back when...!] I'm finally having a 'grown-up' moment, and realizing that I've got THOUSANDS worth of delicate electronics, held up by either cheap aluminum or outright plastic collars on said tubes, with single hex nuts being the linchpin.

No surprise for me that my Euro modular experience was: 1) get modules, then 2) get ANOTHER HEK; then repeat. I seem to disregard foundational stuff, and go right for the meat& potatoes.

Anybody besides Thomann in Europe stocking Jaspers? I've heard that the duties/taxes etc are hideous. And they seem to be the gold standard that others are judged by.

Experience? Help!
hippo1
Quick idiot check: I saw the discussion over on Gearslutz about the same; seems you either deal direct with Jaspers, or pay an even heavier shipping/freight fee.

So maybe to reiterate: Does anyone this side of the pond have a stand that's ALMOST as good as Jaspers? Or is this a one-horse race?
Flounderguts
thomann music? I think they stock Jaspers.
digitalganesha
Thomann is the way to go for sure for Jaspers. Actually Thomann is great for lot of things. Don't worry one second about shipping to the US. I have bought plenty from Thomann and each time, I am genuinely amazed by their shipping rates and delivery speed.

I feel I must add that Jaspers are absolutely excellent stands and they make enough models and variations to fit any space, concept or desire. However, I have stopped using them personally, because there's something about the K&M Spider Pros that resonates with me to the point of owning three of them.
ranix
got mine from Thomann in the US
digitalganesha
ranix wrote:

Meaning you, being in the US, bought them from Thomann in Germany; not Thomann in the US, right? hmmm.....
digitalganesha
hippo1 wrote:
Quick idiot check: I saw the discussion over on Gearslutz about the same; seems you either deal direct with Jaspers, or pay an even heavier shipping/freight fee.

So maybe to reiterate: Does anyone this side of the pond have a stand that's ALMOST as good as Jaspers? Or is this a one-horse race?

I don't see the issue if you want Jaspers... a four tier A-frame stand is $33 shipping to the US from Thomann.... what more can one want?
ranix
digitalganesha wrote:
ranix wrote:

Meaning you, being in the US, bought them from Thomann in Germany; not Thomann in the US, right? hmmm.....

indeed

digitalganesha wrote:

I don't see the issue if you want Jaspers... a four tier A-frame stand is $33 shipping to the US from Thomann.... what more can one want?

five tiers
hippo1
Thank you for the replies. Apparently, I fell prey to the naysayers, and didn't check further... I will do my due diligence on Thomann and/or direct from Jaspers.

In the interim, I've switched away from keyboard stands in general, and Frankensteined my own version with those stainless-tubular commercial shelves, like those used in food service. Definitely stronger, completely adjustable; but flat, not angled. And so I use laptop stands (AmazonBasics ventilated adjustable stand) to get more ergonomic; seems a perfect size for drum machines/Boutiques/Blofeld, etc. And I can use more than one, on a keyboard (as long as the 'board's not a tank!) So not exactly rocket-science, OR as sexy as a dedicated keyboard stand... Still and all, most studios don't look as 'kitchen-y' as mine. I think Jaspers (plural) are in my future.

Thanks again, and happy (continued) wiggling!
digitalganesha
ranix wrote:

digitalganesha wrote:

five tiers

I have infinite amounts of these tears waah
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1