MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Best modules for glitch sounds ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Best modules for glitch sounds ?
Tomorrow Sounds Good
I’m new to eurorack , I’m currently looking at Morphagene but if anybody has any recommendation that would be great
Zymos
Check out the Møffenzeef line.
Tomorrow Sounds Good
Ok thanks Rockin' Banana!
SavageMessiah
The new X1L3 Underwurlde is glitchy as hell, there's gate inputs and manual buttons to screw with the memory for the delay.
Pighood
SavageMessiah wrote:
The new X1L3 Underwurlde is glitchy as hell, there's gate inputs and manual buttons to screw with the memory for the delay.

I have their Shard...a loofah of horror.

Other glitchbitches: Benjolin, Noise Swash.
sutekina bipu-on
Anything Beast Tek really... and the Hypster!
motorhead412
I like the 2hp Freez and the Freeze function on the Qu-Bit Prism. I imagine you could also use the Hold function on the Mimeophon.

Not that you asked about pedals but, lately I've been trying a Malekko Charlie Foxtrot into a TKOG Mini Glitch. Definitely crazy in a good way.
lisa
2hp Freez and Comb, Qu-bit Prism, Recovery Effects and Devices Cutting Room Floor V2, Synthrotek DIRT Filter.
Tomorrow Sounds Good
Thanks for the replies , will check them all out SlayerBadger!
squished
+1 here for Prism. It does a great job at processing drums and percussive sounds. Also find my self using it solely as a stereo filter quite often.

Aside from the decimator, it does share similarities with the mimeophon, that might be a more interesting option, depending on what you’re after.
nectarios
(u)Clouds/Monsoon with Kammerl firmware.

bemushroomed
i went with monsoon + Kammerl instead of the way more expensive Morphagene.. pretty sure it's even better than morphagene at this particular task.
ggillon
A bitcrusher
moremagic
mn echophon has wonderful warbles when you adjust the delay time or send it an unsteady clock; delightful to send into the 2hp freze
Orange

Upcoming.
R.U.Nuts
4MS DLD with random CV into delay time and random gates into delay feed, reverse and hold.
kinkycables
Trogotronic stuff. Dark Matter. MATHS. brst.
deftinwulf
bemushroomed wrote:
i went with monsoon + Kammerl instead of the way more expensive Morphagene.. pretty sure it's even better than morphagene at this particular task.

I have Monsoon with Parasite firmware, but Kammerl is interesting.

Do you know if the Looping Delay mode on it is copied/borrowed from Parasite, or is it unique? Looping delay is the mode I use my Monsoon in most, but it would be great to have that plus the Kammerl modes.

I'm also considering picking up a Prism...
circuitburst
Adding E950 Circuit Bent VCO by Synthesis Technology. Lots of glitch possible with this module, especially in circuit bent mode.
http://synthtech.com/eurorack/E950/
nectarios
deftinwulf wrote:
bemushroomed wrote:

I have Monsoon with Parasite firmware, but Kammerl is interesting.

Do you know if the Looping Delay mode on it is copied/borrowed from Parasite, or is it unique? Looping delay is the mode I use my Monsoon in most, but it would be great to have that plus the Kammerl modes.

I'm also considering picking up a Prism...

Kammerl firmware has the original Looping Delay mode...which is a bummer and the reason I added a uClouds with Parasites to my factory Clouds with Kammerl firmware.
mritenburg
There are lots of good suggestions here, but I might add that developing the patching skill to create glitch sound using basic patching techniques with basic modules should be one of your goals.
Funky40
mritenburg wrote:
There are lots of good suggestions here, but I might add that developing the patching skill to create glitch sound using basic patching techniques with basic modules should be one of your goals.

agreed !
was about to say something similar.

agreed on the DLD !
microcell and supercell might have parasites looping delay + kammerl in one module ( not shure, i never use the looping delay)
nectarios
+1 on the DLD. The fact it does not do the tape delay pitch wobble, helps getting glitch like stuff out of it.
Like the stuff after 0:52 if the video below:

c0rpse
Assimil8or + anything is my go to.
brandonlogic
The dld is great, one of my favorite modules in eurorack. But! For glitched out delays, sampling and granular, you really can’t beat the Reflex Liveloop!!!

It’s AMAZING for this task.

Interface is a little weird but worth it for the glitched out sounds you get out of it!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2