MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Intellijel Tetrapad - Digital artifacts when opening VCAs?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Intellijel Tetrapad - Digital artifacts when opening VCAs?
grndggnl
Why are there digital artifacts when I try to control audio volume via VCAs with the faders or pressure CV of the Tetrapad?
I tried different VCAs and the internal configurations of the Tetrapad - the digital noise is always in some form there. And it is annoying.

If I route the CVs of the Tetrapad through a slew limiter it works - but I do not want to install a slew limiter for each CV out!

Please help!
Wjbratcher
When you use the built-in slewing on the tetrapad, is there still digital noise?
grndggnl
Yes. And with the pressure CV you don't have a slew option anyway, do you?
It seems to me that the slew doesn't really smooth the wave out.
atrostor
I brought this issue up on Page 20 of the main Tetrapad thread on this forum. I was able to recreate this on two different Tetrapads. Intellijel confirmed the issue and identified the problem as a lack of output noise filtering, which they said they will add in a future firmware. So, I guess I'd say hang in there.
grndggnl
atrostor wrote:
I brought this issue up on Page 20 of the main Tetrapad thread on this forum. I was able to recreate this on two different Tetrapads. Intellijel confirmed the issue and identified the problem as a lack of output noise filtering, which they said they will add in a future firmware. So, I guess I'd say hang in there.

Thanks! Strange not more people complain about this - and Intellijel didn't notice when beta testing the module. It is a very basic approach to control VCAs with the Tetrapad, isn't it?
atrostor
To me it becomes most noticeable with sounds that are not spectrally rich like sine waves and especially at lower frequencies. With most other things, the sound manages to mask the digital artifacts so although I agree that it's something that absolutely needs to be fixed, I can see why it might have gone unnoticed. The good new is, they are onto it!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1