MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dreadbox Antiphon DIY kit
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Dreadbox Antiphon DIY kit
hdd
See this ?

https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/product/antiphon-diy-kit/

New Dreadbox Antiphon

Quote:
Dreadbox presents a new Limited DIY Kit

Antiphon is an Analog Monophonic Eurorack Synth Voice
8 Sine Wave Oscillators
Oscillator 7 and 8 can be used as LFOs with a range of 1min up to 10kHz
Individual Oscillator Outputs and pitch control
2-Pole non-resonant Low Pass Filter
2-Pole non-resonant High Pass Filter
Exponential VCA
Analog Spring Reverb with Gain control
150mm Belton 3-Spring Reverb tank
External Input can accept up to Guitar Levels
In combination with the Cardboard case+ power product (NOT INCLUDED in the DIY KIT), it can be used as a Drone Synth or as a Desktop Effect
Desktop Effect:
– Spring Reverb
– Tremolo
– Ring Modulator / Bit Crush
– Filter Effects
– Overdriven Reverb
22 Patch Points
42HP Eurorack Format

more info at:
www.dreadbox-fx.com/antiphon







Looks like there is also other modules coming in the video
pulpum
we're not worthy dreadbox we're not worthy

and those blurred modules.... twisted
Licudi
NM
oks2024
I just ordered it.
I already have the Hades and the lil'Erebus and really liked them. This one seems to be really fun, I'm curious to see what it can do with a guitar.
Bbman
How does this compare to the Verbos Harmonic OSC? Would be interesting to have CV controls over the volume of each OSC.
SweetNuthin
look like also there will be a new series of modules by the looks of it
steveoath
Love everything about dreadbox. But I am too curious about the rainbow modules just now to spring on an Antiphon. Happy days.,
DMR
Bbman wrote:
How does this compare to the Verbos Harmonic OSC? Would be interesting to have CV controls over the volume of each OSC.


It seems like the oscillators on this module are individually tunable, which isn't possible with the Harmonic Oscillator, where the harmonics are all derived from the base oscillator?
Zifor
Seems interesting , but i am more keen on what is going on blurred in the video down below ! Rockin' Banana!
wiperactive
Wow! This is surely the quickest purchase ever for me... about 20 minutes from first catching this thread to a just completed order via a quick check on the introductory demo, specs, manual and build guide. Very nice and the first Dreadbox product here.

It's great as it is, perhaps modifiable for extra functionality, say, CV control over individual oscillator levels via a DIY breakout panel?
cane creek
Ordered within minutes of finding out about this kit on sonic talk thumbs up

Hope all those modules we can't quite make out are all DIY too It's peanut butter jelly time!
sempervirent
Neat, might have to grab a kit. Inclusion of the spring reverb is a bit of an oddity. Seems like the creator simply want to make this happen for personal preferences, which is always fine of course.

I see module names of "Utopia" and "Dystopia" on the lower row.
DMR
sempervirent wrote:
Neat, might have to grab a kit. Inclusion of the spring reverb is a bit of an oddity. Seems like the creator simply want to make this happen for personal preferences, which is always fine of course.

I see module names of "Utopia" and "Dystopia" on the lower row.


Dreadbox synths often (always?) include an effect of some sort (chorus, delay, digital reverb, phaser, etc.) to make things for interesting.
Jumbuktu
I have Nyx 2 and L'il Erebus, and they are a lot of fun.

Not sure I am understanding this correctly - why are there filters in a module that only has sine oscillators?
Rigo
Jumbuktu wrote:
Not sure I am understanding this correctly - why are there filters in a module that only has sine oscillators?

For the external input ?
hdd
Jumbuktu wrote:
I have Nyx 2 and L'il Erebus, and they are a lot of fun.

Not sure I am understanding this correctly - why are there filters in a module that only has sine oscillators?


cause there are multiple sine oscillators
R.U.Nuts
Jumbuktu wrote:
I have Nyx 2 and L'il Erebus, and they are a lot of fun.

Not sure I am understanding this correctly - why are there filters in a module that only has sine oscillators?


...eight sine oscillators. That should be plenty enough to produce some harmonics for the filters to filter away again cool - especially once you'd patch up something like an eight operator FM synth voice w00t
The VCOs don't have CV-able level control so the VCFs make it possible to have voltage control over the harmonic content.

I think this module is pretty interesting but I think I'd need a lot of utilities to go along with it: Eight attenuators for the individual frequency CV Inputs, eight VCAs for voltage controlled amplitude of the individual outputs and eight envelopes to control the VCAs. hmmm.....
nimmen
Did jump the train, but can't find info on frequency range? I assume should be possible to mod it for LFO(if needed)?
R.U.Nuts
Yes there are a few more things I'd like to know:

1. Does an external signal replace the VCO's signal or is it mixed with it?
2. Is an external signal routed through the VCA and the VCFs?
3. Can the spring reverb be set to 100% wet?
4. Do the VCO level controls affect the individual outputs?
5. Does a CV at an individual VCO's frequency CV input replace the common CV signal or is it mixed with it?
MerkDak
Jumbuktu wrote:
"I think this module is pretty interesting but I think I'd need a lot of utilities to go along with it: Eight attenuators for the individual frequency CV Inputs, eight VCAs for voltage controlled amplitude of the individual outputs and eight envelopes to control the VCAs. hmmm.....


It's an interesting module, but straight out of the box I think it only does those constant, smooth, roomy, big chord pads (which is nice). It has that reverb, but it does'nt have envelope control and it seems hard to make it do much other stuff without a ton of other modules (so nothing like the verbos module in that sense). Or, am I thinking too limited?
pulpum
did you saw anything for power consumption?
MerkDak
Somebody did a screen grab with some of the other modules in focus:



Utopia: Audio/CV manipulator
2*cv in, 1*offset, 1 *lfo, all with attenuverters.
A mixer section with 6 patchpoints and a third section which I can't make out

Dystopia: all I can make out is NOISE
Has an axternal in, 3 cv ins with attenuverters and three sliders and several patchpoints

Nostalgia: i can make out a triangle and a square logo, so propably an oscilattor/lfo?

Ataxia:
hdd
i can read delay on nostalgia and dual modulator on ataxia
kay_k
8 sines with indv. outs and 8 indv. pitch inputs.. if the outs would have 8 indv. VCAs this would be a FM monster - still kinda sounds like a FM drone machine. So yeah the filters & spring make sense.
Shit - I have too much stuff but I want it.
DMR
R.U.Nuts wrote:
Yes there are a few more things I'd like to know:

1. Does an external signal replace the VCO's signal or is it mixed with it?
2. Is an external signal routed through the VCA and the VCFs?
3. Can the spring reverb be set to 100% wet?
4. Do the VCO level controls affect the individual outputs?
5. Does a CV at an individual VCO's frequency CV input replace the common CV signal or is it mixed with it?


Take this with a grain of salt because this is based on me checking out the schematics ( https://www.dreadbox-fx.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Antiphone-schem atics.zip ) that Dreadbox posted, but to me it looks like:

1) The input is mixed with the VCO mix
2) The external input is before the VCF and VCAs. The signal path looks like VCOs -> Mixer (where external input is also mixed in) -> High-Pass Filter -> Low-Pass Filter -> VCA -> Reverb -> Crossfader reverb web w/ Dry -> Master
3) It looks to me like it should get 100% wet.
4) It looks to me that VCO level pot is before the individual output, so it should affect those.
5) Individual oscillator CV is mixed with common / global CV, it doesn't replace it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group