MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

200e-USB Firmware Utility DFU-programmer: no device present
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author 200e-USB Firmware Utility DFU-programmer: no device present
ws9848
I was just trying to load some firmware onto the firmware card and it didn’t seem to be working the way it did last time I used it. After about an hour of me being annoyed my wife asked me if it was because she updated the OS on the mac. It is now mojave 10.14.6 as of a couple weeks ago. Does anyone know if the firmware utility works with mojave?

I just tried another computer an I get the same thing. I also get a DFU- programmer device not present message. What the heck does that mean?

weedywhizz
Check this:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=220157&highlight=

I was able to setup a virtual Mojave machine on my PC with its USB2 ports. Loading the firmware worked fine.
ws9848
Ok thanks. it worked before but now its not working. The light on the card flashes and the utility says restarting card with new firmware but nothing happens. After a while if I try to load the firmware it says no usb firmware card detected
ws9848
I’m using a macbook pro from 2015. It should have 2 USB 3 ports on it.
weedywhizz
Must be the latest update then. Just checked the version of my virtual machine and it says 10.14.3.

Definitely not cool.
ws9848
weedywhizz wrote:
Must be the latest update then. Just checked the version of my virtual machine and it says 10.14.3.

Definitely not cool.

Thanks for checking
ws9848
I haven’t emailed buchla about the dfu thingy
Happyanimal
Did you try another physical USB port on the Mac? Did you retry with a different USB cable? Is the USB cable a data cable or just a charging cable?
ws9848
Happyanimal wrote:
Did you try another physical USB port on the Mac? Did you retry with a different USB cable? Is the USB cable a data cable or just a charging cable?

I tried it with the same cable that worked the last time I successfully updated some firmware so the cable should be ok. However, I did try 3 cables total. Yes, I also tried different ports
elmerfudd
Stupid question..You didn't reflash you card to be a midi input did you? It took me several tries to switch it back to firmware mode, don't know why.
ws9848
elmerfudd wrote:
Stupid question..You didn't reflash you card to be a midi input did you? It took me several tries to switch it back to firmware mode, don't know why.

Yes, I tried both options and neither of them seem to work
ws9848
After talking to Charles at Buchla he thinks something happened to my card. putting this here for future reference.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1