MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ES-8 input jack status?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author ES-8 input jack status?
cloudleft
I was wondering if the ES-8 'reports' whether there's a cable plugged into the ADCs, and if so, if there's a way to poll any of the jack's states on the computer while hosting the ES-8 via USB.

The goal here being that the behavior of a digital instrument on the computer which uses the ES-8 as its main I/O bus could change depending on whether there are cables plugged into any of the jacks. An example of this could be a granular processor where one could replace the default sawtooth 'reader' waveform on the computer with an external signal plugged into one of the ES-8's inputs designated as the 'reader' input. Removing the cable from the jack would resume using the default 'internal' sawtooth reader.

I thought about using a simple comparator in Max to open and close gates from the ADC whenever the input is 0.000..., but this seems to make using bipolar input signals more complicated because the ADC then closes for a few samples every time the input signal crosses zero. It also makes some spectral processing stuff less stable if one is using zero crossing detection.
os
Quote:
I was wondering if the ES-8 'reports' whether there's a cable plugged into the ADCs

It doesn't.
cloudleft
ok thanks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1