MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

which module next?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author which module next?
tuj

Can anyone tell me how to make sound with this? I want to make trance like Paul Oakenfield. What modules do I need? What should I add for maximum big room techno?

Dead Banana
PietroC
Is this really your set-up??
There's even modules lying face down on top of the cases thats nuts
and You want more Modules???
thumbs up
Yes Powder
Your music will never be good until you get a fidget spinner module.
natureclubcassettes
ha, but really all those unracked cases stacked on top of one another are anxiety inducing.....

i know its a joke, but......
tuj
natureclubcassettes wrote:
really all those unracked cases stacked on top of one another are anxiety inducing.....

Seismic activity at a minimum around here. Zip-ties keep me humble.

Quote:
Is this really your set-up??

Yeah man, it's not photoshop. hihi

I've been playing the game for a little while. No I don't really need more modules but of course I have some already on pre-order and my eyes on others, and some that won't fit in my rack (look on top).

The whole point was to make a joke about the plethora of 'what module next' threads that are currently dominating the Eurorack discussion. Sometimes maybe we need to *look* at others to learn, not just rely on the community to decide your rig for you. Just today I had someone asking me which was the ultimate sequencer (because he said he had narrowed it down to two..), which were Circadian Rhythms and Eloquencer. I was like 'dude, they essentially are two completely different feature sets considering the CR is a *trigger* sequencer'. seriously, i just don't get it
SnipeCatcher
To be fair to new people (I’m less than 6 months in with 10U/104HP), there’s a zillion modules out there and it’s such a fun format to make music on. Easy to get sidetracked by shiny stuff and forget what’s priority for one’s musical goals. Most of us pull our heads out eventually smile
MarcelP
tuj wrote:

What should I add for maximum big room techno?

Dead Banana

A big room, you got plenty of techno.
three86
tuj wrote:
I've been playing the game for a little while. No I don't really need more modules but of course I have some already on pre-order and my eyes on others, and some that won't fit in my rack (look on top).

I don't see your phonogene or DPO but it might just be my eyes
helix
You've got two identical rows of 4ms PEG maths etc! Can i ask what you do with these two rows that necessitates two identical sets of modules? Very intrigued! Mr. Green
tuj
helix wrote:
You've got two identical rows of 4ms PEG maths etc! Can i ask what you do with these two rows that necessitates two identical sets of modules? Very intrigued! Mr. Green

So yeah, you're right that one case has two absolutely identical rows: PEG, Maths (OG), A-143-1, 2xA-132-4, uVCA. So if you think about it, having 6 VCA's and 8 EG's or LFO's in the row really works well as a VCA hub. That's why it's right in the middle too, because I'll use those envelopes for filters and other modulation duties. Not to mention you can make the A-143-1 into a giant 8-stage crazy envelope or switch on any of the 4 segments to LFO mode, just like with PEG or Maths.

Maths, well you know how good it is.

PEG, I love me some clock-synced envelopes, so having four is quite useful in the big system, especially at different multiples.

A-143-1, this guy doesn't get enough love, it's a great module, it's just a little wide.

A-132-4, the new design Dieter has cleaned up the audio path and it sounds much better than the old A-132-2. It also normals the CV to all the VCA's so you can use 1 source to control 4 if you want without multiples.

uVCA, tons of gain, variable response, silent at 0v, makes it pretty much one of the best VCA's in Euro, aside from my Intellijel HexVCA's that I love to death.

Quote:
I don't see your phonogene or DPO but it might just be my eyes

Sharp eyes. I don't have either. I have a TWO59 that pretty much covers the analog-complex-dual-oscillator thing, sure it's not the same as the DPO but to my ears, well, the DPO and STO just don't sound that great. They're ok, nothing wrong with them and once you throw them through a filter it's not going to matter.
atte
tuj wrote:
Can anyone tell me how to make sound with this?

I think that colored spaghetti on the floor goes in the holes. thumbs up
deftinwulf
tuj, man... I love you, but seek help.

https://www.onthewagon.org/get-help/
c0rpse
Is that an OG screen printed color Hadron Collider in there !? As well as a fresh black/silver version. What a beast!

I'm just gonna go out there and say I don't see a WMD Crucible. Might go well with your healthy spread of other WMD modules. nanners SlayerBadger!

Quote:
A-143-1, this guy doesn't get enough love, it's a great module, it's just a little wide.

So true. No other envelopes have such perfectly dialed ranges, and the attack behavior is my favorite. I made a modded Mutable Stages firmware so it has similar ranges and the same attack behavior.
tuj
Hey dude, shout-out to WMD from MODULAR HOUSTON! applause

Yeah the Crucilble and the new Crater kick are on my short list. Pretty happy with the Chimera and the Fracture tho. I like the approach on those modules, a lot like what NE is doing, which is funny bc I believe you do production for them right?

Yeah the WMD screen pint with the red. I swear to god that it sounds different than the silver/black only production run. I have *two* of those (yes, that's 3 uHC's total...) and I have to say the red one sounds better. I don't know why, but there's something different about it, maybe a parts value or tolerance or something.
Phitar
MarcelP wrote:
tuj wrote:

What should I add for maximum big room techno?

Dead Banana

A big room, you got plenty of techno.

+1
My first thought was a bigger room too! hihi
Bionecteur
can't see a Magneto or Morphagene ...:-)
PietroC
Buffered Mult???
ggillon
tuj wrote:

Yeah the WMD screen pint with the red. I swear to god that it sounds different than the silver/black only production run. I have *two* of those (yes, that's 3 uHC's total...) and I have to say the red one sounds better. I don't know why, but there's something different about it, maybe a parts value or tolerance or something.

It's because of Ork magic Dead Banana

https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Ork

Quote:
Orks are commonly believed to be stupid and superstitious by the other races of the 40k world, but they can also be cunning and quick on the draw. Orks are always ready for a fight and while you can trick them, they quite like the idea of tricking people back.

Their philosophy of DA RED WUNZ GO FASTA is the ultimate truth: because of the aforementioned gestalt field, Ork vehicles painted red will ultimately go faster than Ork vehicles that are not painted red, because the Orks believe that Red makes everything go faster:
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1